1" latex over 2" memory foam

Hi
Does someone know if 1" of latex ( fbm.com) over 2" 4 lb. memory foam be enough latex to help with over heating issues?
Thank you

Hi jege41,

The latex would be more breathable than the memory foam and it will also “firm up” or at least “slow down” the memory foam to some degree but FBM sells Dunlop which is less breathable than Talalay (even though they claim to sell Talalay).

I think it will certainly “help” to some degree but only you can really decide if it will help “enough”. Some of the other factors involved in temperature regulation are in post #2 here which may be helpful as well.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix
I find it very strange why FMB claims to sell talalay even though like you say it is Dunlop.
I re-padded some dining room chairs with some of there latex and it did the job superbly, but I’m wondering what the composition of there latex is? They also claim it comes from Europe but I suspect it comes from Southern China.
I even talked to the owner Carlo’s about there latex and he stood his ground claiming it to be talalay even though experts like you and others know better.
Regardless there prices from what I can find seem to be the lowest unless you may know of another source that I could use?
Thank you

Hi jege41,

Unfortunately there is no way to know for sure. It may even change from time to time depending on what they have access to from their suppliers. Their ILD ratings and their descriptions are both clearly not accurate but beyond this you are rolling the dice when you deal with them.

The better choices for components that I’m aware of are listed in post #4 here.

Phoenix