10" latex mattress as comfy as the BB Alexis or Ultimate Dreams Eurotop?

I have been looking at these two mattresses, but want a lower profile one so my bed isn’t too high (my little dog wouldn’t be able to jump up on it!). 10 inches would be ideal. I’m worried I would be disappointed with the Brooklyn Bedding Camilla, so looking for a step up from that. Any ideas?

Hi cathye,

I can only speak to quality and value issues and comfort choices can really only be decided from personal experience when you test mattress or in conversations with each individual manufacturer who know much more about their own mattresses than anyone and can help “fit” you to the “average” comfort choices of others who may have a similar body type, sleeping positions, or preferences as you (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

In terms of the quality and cost of materials inside it … the Camilla is at the bottom of the Brooklyn Bedding latex hybrid line (it uses lower quality/density polyfoam in the base) with the Bamboo bliss next up (higher quality base layer and wool in the quilting) and the Aloe Alexis at the top of their latex hybrid line (it has an extra layer of latex) while the Total Latex Mattress is at the top of the list both in terms of performance and the quality and cost of materials. The Aloe Alexis with it’s two latex layers has more options to customize the feel and performance and would be closer to an “all latex mattress” than the other hybrids that only have one 3" layer of latex. There is also more about some of the differences between an all latex mattress and a latex hybrid in post #2 here and the post it links to.

The Ultimate Dreams Eurotop would be somewhere in between the Cotton Camilla and the Bamboo Bliss (post #16 here has a comparison between the Eurotop and the Bamboo Bliss). it has the same base foam as the Cotton Camilla but has more firmness options but it doesn’t have the wool quilted cover or the higher density base foam which the Bamboo Bliss uses. The Exchange options for their Amazon mattresses are also a little more costly and not as liberal as the mattresses in the Brooklyn Bedding lineup so this may also be important if you need to exchange the comfort layer for something firmer or softer. The higher density/quality base foam may be more important in terms of durability for those who have much higher weights and compress the layers under the latex more.

All of these would be similar “value” because value is usually consistent across the entire line of the same manufacturer.

All of these have the same 3" top layer and options to choose the firmness of the top layer and the firmness/softness of the top layer of a mattress is the biggest part of what most people will “feel” (although with heavier weights the feel and performance of the deeper layers will also play a larger role).

More detailed conversations with them and of course local testing on similar mattresses can help you narrow down which which one has the features that are most important to you and is the best match for your personal value equation.

Phoenix