100% Natural Latex bed - narrowing the search

Ok, I’ve been through a lot trying to find a good mattress. I have allergies and multiple chemical sensitivity. This forum has been a huge help. I’ve narrowed my search down to a few choices.

Other data-- both my wife and I like the same “feel” medium/soft on top, with firm support below. weight is around 150 for her- side sleeper, 200 for me- back and side sleeper… I am leaning towards getting complete layers, rather than splitting the firmness layers, but I’m open to either option. Budget- under $2500 for Queen Size

Sleeping Organic
The Tree - 4 x 3" layers

SleepEZ
13000 - 4 x 3" layers (seems like a great value, and lots of favorable comments on the forum)

Brooklyn Bedding
Essence - 1 x 6", 1 x 3" layers (on the fence about this one, mostly because of lack of customization options, but it’s also a potential benefit, since you don’t have to fool around with it)

So my question becomes this— is there any differences between these options that is critical? Who has the better return policy / layer swapping? I don’t really care about organic… but I do want 100% botanical / natural latex with no synthetic latex or foam.

If there is another option I’m missing within my budget, please let me know.

Hi shiftdelete,

The differences between them would be in the types and blend of latex they have available, the firmness of the layers, the amount of latex in each one (two of them have 12" of latex and one has 9" of latex although you can also add an additional 3" topper), the number of layers that can be rearranged or exchanged to customize the mattress either before or after a purchase, and any differences between the covers. There is more about the most important parts of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

There is also more about the pros and cons of thicker mattresses or mattresses that have more layers and options to customize the mattress in post #14 here.

You can see the return/exchange policy for Sleeping Organic here and for SleepEZ here and for Brooklyn Bedding here so you can compare them and decide which one would be “best for you”.

All of the mattresses you are considering use latex from top to bottom and have a wool quilted cotton cover so none of them have any weak links in their design. When you are down to final choices between “good and good” and there are no clear winners between them then your final choice (see post #2 here) will be a matter of “best judgement” based on how you feel after your conversations with each of them and on all the objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

The tutorial post includes this link that lists the online members of this site that make latex mattresses and there are some others listed there that also make component latex mattresses that are in a similar budget range.

Phoenix