11" Pacbed Original from Bed in a Box.com

Hi lawsonmh15,

I think that if you are looking to “approximate” the feel of a certain tempurpedic then Select Foam would likely be the better choice because they have “realistically” modeled their lineup on the Tempurpedics using similar layering and density of foams. They have a comparison on their site to each of the Tempurpedic models. NOTE ADDED: They used to be a member of this site but because of ongoing customer service issues and delays their membership was terminated and I would read the warning here before considering them.

The coolcomfort has it’s own advantages because the layers can be re-arranged but it would be more modeled on levels of pressure relief and support that could be matched to a person than on a specific mattress (although the layering would be most similar to the cloud models that use 4 and 5.3 lb memory foams).

I haven’t focused so much in the early stages of the site on expanding the membership as much as I have identifying and getting to know some of the better manufacturers and outlets across the country that I’ve mentioned in many of the threads. Over the course of the next year though as I get to know many better and they also get to know me and this site, my focus will switch more to expanding the membership and I think that membership will likely at least double from the current list of 17 who offer the members here a discount.

I have talked to all of the choices in the “memory foam” thread I mentioned earlier and I am very comfortable with the service, knowledge levels, and value of all of the choices. While I believe that the current membership is “the best of the best” in an already higher quality and value group of factory direct manufacturers and outlets … I also know that this list is far from complete and I tend to list what I believe are better choices regardless of whether they are members yet or not.

I don’t keep a record of what the members on the whole have chosen, partly because the site is rather new (only a year old and the first months not many even knew about it as it was gaining popularity by word of mouth) and partly because I question the real value of choosing what someone else has chosen who may have different needs and preferences in their personal “value equation”. My main goal is to help people reach a point where their choices are between “good and good” in terms of what is most important to them and I would rank all of them as being good choices.

I would suggest talking to each of your “short list” about what is most important to you and what they each would recommend and then making your choice based on a combination of the conversations you had with them and the descriptions and prices of their mattresses. I think that sometimes … you can get a sense of “connection” with a particular outlet that seems to recognize what you are looking for and translate it into a particular model better than others and this may be a different outlet for different people.

Phoenix