12 inch vs 9 inch

Thank you for your incredible website.
I am looking at purchasing either a nine inch matress Fromm Arizona Pemium or the Sleepez 13000.

I am a side sleeper battling cancer. My weight is 165 and I am 5 ft 11.

What are the differences between acquiring either matress.

Thank you so much

Gvm

Hi Gvm,

You certainly aren’t in a weight range where you will “need” 12" of latex vs 8" - 9" although it may be a preference if you were testing two mattresses in person and the difference between them was enough to justify the extra cost. There is more in post #14 here about the difference between thinner and thicker mattresses (and layers). When you can’t test a mattress in person before you buy it (or a local mattress that is a very similar design) then the best way to make a choice would be based on more detailed conversations with each manufacturer you are considering who can tell you the pros and cons of each of the options they have available (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

Assuming that you are making apples to apples comparisons with the same type and thickness of latex in each one … the main differences between them is that Arizona Premium would be a lower cost and SleepEz has more individual layers which gives you more options to customize the mattress either before or after a purchase and there are differences in their exchange policies as well.

They are both great quality and value and when you are down to final choices between “good and good” then which one would be best for you would depend on your conversations with each of them and all the objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix,

Thanks to your generous insight and much analysis (almost ended up with paralysis through analysis) we finally pulled the trigger. My wife and I wanted so much to patronize the local sleep store because of time spent answering questions and accomodating in any way possible. We were forthright with them relative to the cost of choices presented to us and they conceded buying online was approximately $1500 in savings as compared to buying a Savvy Rest from them.

The Savvy Rest is an excellent product but we found the same feel and comfort with a Sleepez product which we put together with the help of Shawn on the phone. Anyone who wants their questions answered without high pressure sales tactics should speak with him at Sleepez. We had an equally great experience with Greg at Arizona Premium Matress although we ultimately decided the Sleepez multi layer configuration would serve us more flexibility to move layers, if needed.

Plushbeds had some great pricing but the British gentleman, John made us feel we were in a high pressure car dealership. It may just be our experience.

Thank you again Phoenix for your thoughts and this site.

Hi Gvm,

Thanks for the update and for letting us know what you ended up deciding.

I think you did some good research, your finalists were a choice between “good and good”, and you ended up making a great decision that was “best for you”.

Most of all … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to any updates and feedback you have the chance to share when you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix