14" LUCID® by LinenSpa Cashmere Covered Firm 5.3lb Ventilated Triple-Layer Memory Foam Mattress 25-Y

What can you tell me about this mattress? It has a 5.3# top layer and a 3# middle layer…
I simply cannot afford those listed on the member list so need to look for a less expensive option.
this one received good reviews and has the 5+# top layer.

or how about this one:SilverRest Sleep Products Therapeutic 12" Inch HD Memory Foam Mattress with Cool AirFlow, Made with 5" of High Density Memory Foam, King Size
by SilverRest Sleep Products Also says it has 5.3# top layer.

Been looking forever and am biting the bullet this weekend!

Thanks!

I was literally just looking at that bed. For anyones reference, see link below:

https://www.amazon.com/LinenSpa-Triple-Layer-Viscoelastic-Mattress-Warranty/dp/B0050JL4TC/ref=sr_1_3?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1358638886&sr=1-3&keywords=memory+foam+mattress

While I dont have experience with the bed, based on the bad reviews I decided to go a different route. Im sure you read them as well, and I dont mean to just relist them, but ive done quite a bit of research over the past few months and seem to be in a similar situation.

1. Many people have had quite a bit of trouble with bad spots on the bed very soon after purchase
  2. Several reports or bed never fully expanding and sagging in the middle. This is speculation, but I’m guessing these beds are vacuum sealed and stored for long periods of time prior to shipment.
  3. If its having these problems when new (as most reviews seem to be), I would imagine the bed will degrade rather quickly (relatively). Thinking long term, to me it makes more sense to spend a little more for a mattress that you believe will last.

After all my research, I’m thinking ill choose the mattress below…I would rather spend a little more money and not feel like im taking quite as big of a gamble. I like this mattress because it is a smaller company that prides themselves on their product, they are made right here in the USA from quality materials and in my opinion, a better value. Value is the most important factor to me. This mattress is less than 2x the cost of the other one (depending on the size you choose), but I feel it is more than twice the product/value. Keep in mind, I am planning to keep the mattress I choose for a long time.

My Choice

Sorry I cant give you any personal experience, but thought it might be nice to hear the opinion of a person in a similar situation to you. Good luck!

Hi thefussys,

I would echo bwomp’s thoughts (thanks bwomp :)) and it is certainly not a mattress that I would consider. You can read more of my thoughts about them in post #2 here and some of the links inside it.

I would put SilverRest in the same category. They are another memory foam mattress that uses Chinese memory foam that isn’t CertiPur certified and I personally wouldn’t consider them when there are so many better quality and/or less questionable mattresses available.

At the very least … and without even taking into account the knowledge and experience of the retailer I was buying from (and this to me is just as important a part of any mattress purchase as the mattress) … I would want to make sure that it met my minimum criteria for memory foam before I considered them as a legitimate option.

Phoenix

Hi bwomp,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Based on “value” you have certainly made a great choice IMO.

I’m looking forward to your feedback when you’ve received it.

Phoenix

Phoenix,

I haven’t pulled the trigger quite yet. But its 70% the memory foam, and 30% the latex mattress by the same company. I am going to speak with Chuck tomorrow and also try out some latex beds. I love the site though. You guys made the process and research much easier.

Hi bwomp,

Oops … I guess my “congratulations” was a bit premature.

I guess I should backtrack and say congratulations on narrowing down your final choices to two. When there are lots of great options available … sometimes that’s almost as difficult as actually pulling the trigger :slight_smile:

Phoenix