2" Latex Topper Suggestions?

Well, I’m going back to pocket coils. My stomach needs the support. I’m having a local manufacturer make me pocket coils with no PU foam encasement. Instead there is cotton and wool tufted into the top.

I will love the dependable firmness but for side sleeping it will probably be too hard so I’m thinking of buying a latex topper.

Does anyone have a recommendation for 1" or 2" natural toppers that are not zoned?

Also i have read that there is “no such thing” as natural talalay. Is this accurate? I know there is the expected curing package but other than that I have to keep the latex as chemical-free as possible. I liked the Mountaintop continuous pour dunlop but I bieventhat is all zoned and I don’t think they sell to consumers anyway.

It would be good to keep the cost as low as possible too.

Thanks and hope you’re all well-rested :slight_smile:

Hi LookingNow,

Post #2 here and the topper guidelines it links to should be helpful and it also links to a list of the better online topper sources I’m aware of. I would use your experience on the mattress by itself as a reference point for the thickness and firmness of the topper that you think would work best for you.

I’m not sure where you read this but it’s not correct and there is certainly Talalay latex (made by both Radium and Latex International) where all the rubber is natural rubber and there is no synthetic rubber in the final product (see the first part of post #7 here).

Phoenix

Just bought my new pocket coil bed today. It’s got wool/cotton on top so it’s pretty firm.
I have a firm twin mattress here and I must took a 3" layer of Mountaintop zoned latex I have here and put it in the firm twin.

What I’m realizing is for me, latex is firm but not necessarily “supportive” in 3" - and the zoning in the firm even in just one 3" layer doesn’t work for me. The zoning hits me at the wrong points.

So I’m definitely gonna be looking for 1" or 2" latex topper, natural, and not zoned.

If anyone has bought a good one without too strong an odor from the curing package please let me know where you bought it and if you know who the distributor is. In the meantime I will go to Bonnie Foam in Allston and see what they have. Apparently they buy from LI.

Is there a lost of mftrs/distributors local to Boston here on the site who sell toppers?

Thanks
LN

Hi LookingNow,

You may have seen this but just in case the Boston list is in post #2 here. I don’t know off the top of my head which of them sell toppers so you would need to check their sites or call and ask (they may not be listed on their site).

Phoenix

Thanks, Phoenix.

I have explored that lost for mattresses and a few might have toppers. If I find any others I’ll let you know.