3 Memory Foam Mattresses

I’m looking at 3 memory foam mattress. One is te bobopedic 9 and two memory foam mattresses from a company called glideaway. All on the certipur list.

The stats are as follows for the Bob-opedic(650 including the box spring so say 500)
2" high density viscoelastic memory foam
7" high density polyfoam.

Stats for one glideaway (queen, $400)

Product Description
10in Gel Memory Foam Mattress.
1" 3lbs CG•Support Memory Foam
1" 4lbs Memory Foam
2" High Density Border Support Foam
2" Sculpted Comfort Foam
6" High Density Support Base Foam

Stats for a another glideaway(full, $350)
8in Gel Memory Foam Mattress.
1" 3lbs CG•Support Memory Foam
2" High Density Border Support Foam
1" 4lbs Memory Foam
6" High Density Support Base Foam

I’ve slept on the Bobs bed and was satisfied haven’t slept on the two glideaway beds, would you eliminate either of these beds based on the above info?
What’s your impt on value and overall quality based on this information and any other things you’ve heard about the beds?

Hi jdm2008315,

I would need to know the density of the layers (see this article) to identify any weak links or make any meaningful comments about this mattress. You can read a little more about Bobs Discount Furniture (mybobs.com) in post #4 here. Overall I would tend to be cautious here since they don’t tend to be very knowledgeable or informative about their mattresses. A forum search on mybob (you can just click the link) will also bring up a few more comments about them.

Here again I would want to know the density of all the foam layers to make sure there are no weak links in the mattress. The top inch is 3 lb memory foam which is a lower quality/density material but it’s only an inch so it would be inside the guidelines in post #4 here but there would be no more “room” for any additional lower quality/density materials in the upper layers before I would consider the mattress to have a weak link. I would particularly want to know the density of the Sculpted Comfort Foam.

My comments would be similar here since it also has 1" of lower density memory foam in the top layer and I would want to know the quality/density of all the foam layers underneath to make sure there are no weak links in the mattress.

A forum search on glideaway (you can just click the link here as well) will also bring up more comments about them.

The quality/durability of the top 4" - 6" or so of a mattress (depending on weight and sleeping position) are the more important factor in the durability and useful life of a mattress relative to each person. There is also more in post #13 here about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between your finalists. All of your finalists use thinner layers of memory foam which are of course less costly than a mattress that uses thicker layers of a specialty foam like memory foam and will be less “memory foam like” than mattresses that use thicker layers of memory foam but this may be a positive or a negative depending on your individual preferences and on how you feel about sleeping “in” a mattress vs sleeping more “on” a mattress.

Phoenix

I kind of expected that answer but unfortunately the people ive spoken too on the phone cant or w ouldnt give any more info. Do you jave any recomendations for sleep shops or warehouses in the north jersey area?

Hi jdm2008315,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the North New Jersey area are listed in post #7 here.

The Dreamfoam Ultimate Dreams natural latex mattress here may also be worth considering (it uses 2 lb polyfoam in the base layer and natural Dunlop latex as a comfort layer) and most of the latex hybrid mattresses that are sold by Brooklyn Bedding (their sister company) also use a higher density base foam. The tutorial post also includes a link to a list of the members here that sell mattresses online that also make a wide range of latex mattresses.

Phoenix