4th mattress in a year!

Yup, 4th in a year.
1st mattress- tempurpedic (we didn’t like memory foam)
2nd- br Whitfield (way to soft)
3rd- beautyrest McFarland (we loved the first 30 days and then it began to sag. We measured and it’s an inch and a half to 2 inches so we’re going through the warranty process).
NOW MY MAIN QUESTION
We would like to try a latex mattress. There is a local store called Heavenly Sleep Bedding that is appointment only and specializes in latex mattresses. There is another store called Sleep naked that specializes in latex mattresses. One recommends Dunlop and the other recommend tayalay. Sleep naked works with brands and heaven works with no brands and makes a latex bed for you. I’m leaning toward the custom bed and we’re going for an hour-hour half appointment to try some out. I’m 6" 240lbs and my fiancé is 5"2 110lbs and has scoliosis. This mattress thing has been a nightmare and some of the mattress owners and employees have been absolutely vile in how they speak about the competition. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Heavenly store claims to sell at half the price because there’s no middle men like at the other store who deals with brands.
We almost got a kingsdown mattress and am so glad we didn’t because after speaking with a kd rep she warned us that the mattress will conform to our bodies and they still recommend to rotate the bed. Very thankful she was transparent and we could eliminate that. Our worst case scenario is buying a hard as a stock stern foster innerspring and putting a latex topper on top. I sleep super hot on any mattress and I feel like that’s what’s breaking down these mattresses.

Thanks for any help and hope I put this in the right section. Difficult to navigate to post.

*we are in south Florida and these stores are located in Boynton Beach and Boca Raton. Heavenly has been a pleasure to deal with. The other store not so much and sounds like there way or the highway.

We are a true factory direct specializing in all types of latex mattresses. If you find something you like and know the construction you should at least get a price comparison from us just to make sure you are getting a good deal. One thing that makes us different is that we have a zippered cover which allows you to make a change if you don’t get it right the first time. Most others don’t offer that option.

Thanks, although I think I put this in the wrong section.

Hi Supasta33,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :).

Wow, fouth mattress in a year. There isn’t a specific question in your post but I hope you can take the time to do the research so you can find the right mattress.

I’m not sure what you’ve read since you found the site but just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place to start your research is the mattress tutorial, which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

If you want just learn about latex then please read our latex pros and cons article and its associated links.

Thank you again, and we will move this post to the proper thread.

Sensei