A Glow In The Dark Bed!?

Just when I thought I’d seen everything, a company named Get Laid Bed announced a Limited Edition Halloween glow in the dark bed! I’m thinking of ordering one of these for my son, along with a memory foam mattress. What do you guys think? -
ADMIN NOTE: Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: Category not found! | Get Laid Beds

Hi Imabsorbed,

I’m not so sure that a bed that glows would be the best idea for a bedroom where less light is more conducive to deeper sleep.

I don’t know how old your son is but I would tend to avoid memory foam for younger children because they will generally do better on a firmer and more resilient sleeping surface.

Phoenix

My son is 4 and tends to sleep with the light on, so hopefully this can act as an alternative.
Which mattress would you recommend instead of a memory foam? Perhaps an Open Coil instead?

Hi ImAbsorbed,

I don’t have any specific recommendations because there are dozens of mattresses that would be suitable for a child that use different combinations of materials and that are in different budget ranges.

Post #2 here and the topics it links to have more information about mattresses and children and materials that are “safe enough” for children including a link to some general guidelines for children in post #2 here. It also includes a number of links to the better forum posts and topics about mattress and children as well which have more information about many good options for children which would also be worth considering.

Phoenix