adjustable bed deck material

Reading that latex mattresses need a breathable foundation, e.g., slats spaced close together vs a solid surface. What are the best decks for adjustable beds and how to find out what they’re made of, i.e, material, thickness, etc.
Thanks!

Hi felix,

It’s a question I haven’t asked (I believe that most of them are plywood) but if you email the manufacturer of an adjustable bed that you are considering then they would probably be able to tell you what the deck is made from. In some cases the retailer may know as well.

There aren’t many adjustable beds available that use a slatted or breathable deck and most tend to be more costly. A few that do include …

Roewa Legra

http://www.axelbloom.com/los-angeles-beds/

Boyd also has a basic adjustable bed here that uses slats.

Choosing an adjustable bed is often one of the “compelling reasons” that many people would choose not to have a more breathable base as one of the tradeoffs involved in having the advantages of an adjustable bed (see post #10 here).

We have an adjustable bed with a solid surface and any potential higher risk of a solid support surface was worth the benefits of having an adjustable bed for us.

Phoenix