Adjustable bed for sleep apnea with natural latex, San Francisco Bay Area

My husband has sleep apnea, and I get acid reflux, so we both would like to be able to adjust our beds depending on the situation. (split king bed so each can be adjusted independently and electronically, not manually, since adjustments sometimes need to be made in the middle of the night). Our preference would be natural latex with other natural products if possible. and possibly spring coils? or something that allows for some resiliency. He likes medium firm and I like softer…any options? and any suggestions for places to buy in Marin county, San Francisco, or Berkeley, CA? I know there is Sleepworks in Berkeley, and the Natural Mattress Store in San Rafael, Ca, but I haven’t been to either yet. Any ideas for an adjustable bed with a comfortable and hopefully a mattress made with fairly natural products ? Thanks for your help!

Hi JJMatthews,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to hear about both of your reflux and sleep apnea issues. A power foundation is a popular item to assist with those situations, providing just a bit of elevation of the head and torso. I would consider all the major adjustable bed manufacturers to be closely comparable in terms of reliability so I would use price and feature comparisons to choose between them. Here is an adjustable bed base thread with some manufacturers listed for your reference.

The good news is that you have quite a large selection of latex mattress options in your area. The following is a bit of an extensive list, but subject to confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list is completely transparent ( see this article ) and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets your specific criteria and the quality/value guidelines here … the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the San Francisco/San Rafael/Oakland/Berkeley areas are listed in post #2 here .

If you don’t find anything in your local area, you may wish to look online and use the experience and expertise of the members listed in post #21 here who are very knowledgeable and specialize in providing the type of help and guidance on the phone that can help you make good choices. There are a wide range of latex options included in the choices there and I believe that all of them compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency.

I hope that helps you get started with your research, and I’ll look forward to answering other questions you may come up with during your search.

Phoenix

Thank you! This is very helpful and we appreciate you responding so quickly and with such great detail!

Hi JJMatthews,

You’re welcome! Good luck in your search - you certainly have a lot to look at in your area.

Phoenix