AdjustableBeds.ca - legit site or scam?

I was wondering if anyone had dealt with adjustablebeds.ca - they list prices that are well below anyone else’s, and I’ve tried contacting them with questions without success. They seem to be registered to a company in Houston, and have parked a lot of domain names, so I’m hesitant to go through with a purchase - except that the prices are so good! Would love to know if anyone’s heard anything about them either way.

Thanks,
Catherine

Hi katroushka,

They are owned by Mattress Firm which is the largest mattress retailer in North America so they are certainly a legitimate business.

While I would tend to avoid most of the mattresses they sell there unless you can find out the specifics of all the materials and components in any mattress you are considering there (see this article) and confirm they meet the quality/value guidelines in post #13 here) … their adjustable beds or some of their accessories may be worth considering.

It also appears that they don’t ship to Canada even though it’s a Canadian domain and the top of the site it says “Shop Cananda’s Leading Adjustable Bed Shop”. Here’s a copy of the chat I had with them …

Elissa: Want to Save ? Chat Now and Save Today!
Enter your name and email to chat with me now. :slight_smile:
Me: Are your prices listed in US or Canadian dollars. I noticed they are the same as your US site

When you place an order with your chat agent, please mention code MGR19 for an added coupon savings. You can call us at 713-715-8440 between 9am-5pm EST. . Thanks so much!Jen GrassanoOlejo Chat Team Manager
Elissa: we do not ship to canada
USD
Me: It’s a Canadian domain and at the top of your site it says “Shop Cananda’s Leading Adjustable Bed Shop”

They didn’t reply to the last question.

It seems somewhat strange to me and you may want to try and ask the same questions to see if you get the same answers.

Phoenix

I asked that very same question and also received no answer, hence my suspicion about the site in general. Which, I will admit, is not allayed by reading about your experience.

Another one of their sites (I presume, based on identical layouts), MemoryFoamMattress.com, explicitly states “ships to Canada” on some products with a nice red maple leaf icon, so I’m not sure what to think. I’ll keep trying to get answers and update when I do!

Hi katroushka,

Their main site is Olejo.com but they have many other domains as well. They used to be an independent online retailer but they were all purchased by Mattress Firm in June, 2013.

All the domains have a similar design and the ownership by Mattress Firm is mentioned in the small print at the bottom of the page.

I hope you can find out some additional information about shipping to Canada.

Phoenix