Advice on Natural 100% waterproof mattress protector?

I’m ordering an organic latex mattress (I’ll let you all know what I think of it later) and I need advice on a natural waterproof protector. I figure it can’t be organic, but I feel it defeats the purpose of buying an organic mattress if I cover it with an out gassing protector. does anyone have any good results from the “natural” protectors? I’ve looked at the Sweet Dreams with TPU or ThermoUrethan as the water barrier and the Naturepedic with DrySleep technology (Drysleep uses a specially formulated polyurethane waterproof barrier that is proven to not leach harmful chemicals.)

I’d love some feed back on these or suggestions for better products if they are out there.

Thanks,
S~

Hi always_trying,

There is more about the pros and cons of different types of mattress protectors and some examples of each of them in post #89 here. There is also more about the membranes they use in post #2 here. I wouldn’t consider any of the membrane type of protectors to be unsafe in terms of VOC’s or leaching harmful chemicals but at least two of them are “organic” (although the membrane itself couldn’t be organic) and one of them is Oeko-Tex certified if you have any concerns.

Phoenix