Aerues vs Sensus memory nfoam topper

Hi Phoenix, I am looking to purchase a memory foam topper to go over a super firm Serta innerspring (fairly new) mattress. I previously purchased a Dunlop 3inch latex (medium soft) topper from Arizona Mattress online. While I loved it for about 6 months, I then started to feel that familiar hip pain that goes with “sinking in” too much on a mattress.(pressure points were great however!) I gave it to a friend who loves it. I am thinking of now getting a 2" memory foam topper with a 5lb density, possibly the Aerus you had recommended which can be purchased online from a number of sources including Cosco, I have a couple of questions: Is there another factor to consider when purchasing a MF topper (how does softness or firmness get measured, and how to look for that?) Brooklyn Bedding also carries a 2# 5 lb topper. Memory foam (previously tried a Tempur Pedic) doesn’t seem to allow my hips to sink in causing pain. I am 5"5, 135 lbs side sleeper.
Also, what is the key difference between the Sensus and Aeurus - I would order either in 2# thickness and 5 lb density.

Thanks for any help

Hi Mamie,

The chemical forumla of memory foam can result in many different properties of the final memory foam even if they have the same density. There is more about the differences between different types of memory foam (even if they have the same density) in post #9 here and in post #8 here. A conversation with each manufacturer will be the most accurate source of information about the memory foam that they sell.

There are also some videos here that can help you make some general comparisons between Sensus and Aerus.

BB would be the most reliable source of information about how the memory foam they sell (and they sell several different types) would compare to other types of memory foam on the market.

This may be because of the specific design of the mattress you tried. Tempurpedic has a very wide range of mattresses and some would be much more suitable for certain body types, sleeping positions, and preferences than others because of the differences in the type of memory foam each one uses and in the design of each mattress.

Phoenix