affordable, chemical free children's mattress in CA

I am looking for an affordable chemical free mattress for my kids (ages 2 & 4). I prefer the natural latex, but the price is not withing our budget. So, I have narrowed my search to My Green Mattress Pure Echo and European Sleep Works Children’s mattress. I have seen a lot of your comments on the Pure Echo mattress, but nothing about European Sleep Works. I was wondering if you had heard of the latter company and your opinion on them.

I live in Southern California (Los Angeles Area). Do you know of any local retailers that would have comparable selections to the above mentioned mattresses? Or, are the online options the best?

Thanks.

Hi ddwaddle,

Post #2 here includes links to most of the more informative posts about mattresses and children in the forum which include links to some very good options for children.

Both of these are among the better options that mentioned in the children’s posts and would make good choices IMO. European Sleepworks sells Berkeley Ergonomics which has been mentioned many times in the forum and I think highly of the mattresses they make and the people behind them. (UPDATE: they are now making their own mattresses that use similar components in a similar range of designs). A forum search on Berkeley Ergonomics will bring up many posts about BE (including post #2 here which links to their children’s mattress but links to a different retailer).

The better options I’m aware of in the Greater Los Angeles area are listed in post #2 here. You have a lot of very good choices in the area that make or sell some very good quality and value mattresses.

Phoenix