Aireloom bed question

I am interested in purchasing a preferred line Aireloom specifically the new Aireloom micro coil plush. I am curious if the price is worth the quality. Any info would be awesome

Hi prepballfan

Aireloom typically isn’t transparent about the materials in their mattresses and in general they are one of the manufacturers that I would tend to avoid unless you are able to find out the specifications of all the layers and components in any of their mattresses you are considering (see this article).

In order to determine the quality of componentry within the mattress, you’ll need to find out the information listed here so you can compare the quality of the materials and components to the durability guidelines here to make sure there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress that would be a cause for concern relative to the durability and useful life of a mattress before making any purchase. This is the only way that you’ll be able to asses if the mattress has the potential for providing you a long-lasting comfort life.

Regarding the “price being worth the quality” (remember you still have to find out the specifications of the mattress to determine the quality of the item), there is more about the 3 most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

While price is certainly important of course, the “value” of a mattress purchase is what is most important and price is just one of many factors that can affect the “value” of a mattress purchase. There isn’t a “formula” that can be used to assess or “calculate” the value of a mattress because there are so many different variables and criteria involved that can affect the price of a mattress that can each be more or less important to some people and not to others who may have completely different criteria or definitions of “value”. The value of a mattress purchase is also relative to how a mattress compares to the other finalists you are considering or to other mattresses that are available to you in your area (or online if you are also considering online options). There are many reasons that a mattress that may be “good value” for one person or in one area of the country may not be good value for someone else that has very different needs and preferences or that lives in a different area.

If you’re able to find out the complete specifications of the Preferred Plush and post those specifications here, I’ll be happy to comment upon them for you. The Aireloom web site does not provide specific meaningful information regarding this mattress.

Phoenix

I actually just called them and like you said, they wouldn’t give out any info regarding foam densities or other components. Also, their mattresses are unique to each store (i.e. minor differences in specs and names so you can’t comparison shop). It really makes it difficult to plunk down the $$$. They did say that anything over 1 1/2" in sinkage in 10 years will be covered under warranty. Who knows if that is actually true.

Regarding the warranty covering anything over 1.5" of sinkage within 10 years, that’s pretty typical among mattress manufacturers. Such warranties are only honored when the depression is measured with no weight on the mattress, the impression has to exist on its own with no compression. When mattresses usually develop soft spots which can be the cause of lower back pain due to a lack of adequate support, they are often only felt when you’re actually on the mattress so it’s in a compressed state. As long as the specified depression can’t be measured without any compression force they will not honor such a warranty. So while the warranty can technically be honored, it may depend upon how you might interpret its meaning differently than their intention.

Thank you for that clarification. I’ll call back and see if that is the caveat. There is always one. They just feel so good in the showroom, but I cannot justify such an expense (it is hard to justify regardless) if I can’t even get a good 10 years.

This whole process has become daunting. I’ve tried 3 bed in the box brands and am now on a complete latex. None have really met my needs. The latex gets so difficult to return/exchange layers and dial in. I added a memory foam layer to the top of the latex, which defeats the whole purpose of the latex, but it has gotten it closer to the feel I want; however, it now sleeps hot, not to mention, it is no longer natural material.

After all of these failures, I have been thinking of going back to something that I can actually feel in store. My wife is going crazy, because she feels like I’m being too picky. So, I need to stop it soon. I’m sure everyone on this site experiences some of the same frustrations.