Alameda Parklane Mattress

We are strongly considering buying the Parklane, Latex with gel memory foam, Alameda mattress. Wondering if anyone knows about it or has seen any reviews. Seems like a very top quality mattress and my husband really likes the way it feels.

Hi Clymer,

As you may know from your reading here … Parklane is one of the manufacturing members of this site which means that I think very highly of them and I believe they compete well with the best in the industry based on their quality, value, service, and transparency.

All of their mattresses (including the Alameda) use high quality and durable materials and there are no weak links in any of them.

I would be very cautious about using someone else’s experience on any mattress (either positive or negative) as a meaningful source of guidance about how a mattress will feel for you because firmness and softness is very subjective and relative to different people (a mattress that feels firm for one person can feel soft for someone else) and each person can be very different. A mattress that is a “perfect” match for one person in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, or Personal preferences) may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on … even if they are in similar weight ranges. Using other people’s mattress reviews or experiences as a meaningful source of research and information can often be more misleading than helpful (see post #13 here).

Post #13 here has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability, durability, and “value” without needing to rely on anyone else’s experience which may be very different from your own. A forum search on Parklane (you can just click the link) will also bring up many more comments and feedback about them as well.

Assuming that you have carefully tested the Alameda to make sure that it is a good match for you in terms of PPP … it would certainly be well worth considering IMO.

Phoenix

Greeting from a brand new member! I believe I’m going to buy a bed from the new Parklane in Salem, OR, but I am wondering if the “MU pillow bonus” is still available. The posts in this thread seem to be mixed yes/no. Thanks for the clarification!

JQ

Hi JQ,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum!.

Yes it is.

Assuming you decide to pull the trigger on the Alameda … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to any comments and feedback you have the chance to share when you receive it.

Phoenix