Alexander Hybrid or Alexander Latex Hybrid

In post #6, the TitanChill foam was listed at 4lb. Itā€™s now listed at 3.5 lbs on the site. I think thatā€™s the current issue; is it a typo or were the specs changed again very recently.

Hi April,

I see your point, thank you for pointing out that detail. I will follow up with Nest, my instinct tells me that it has not changed, but somewhere along the way Nest chose to update the more specific 3.5lb#, but the same layer of Titanchill has been used since the original change. Not sure where the communication breakdown took place, but I will see what we can find out.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix. I saw the miscommunication with oqax, and wanted to help.

Hi April,

You are very welcome. :wink:

More importantly, thank you for ā€œhelpingā€, itā€™s really great for the forum and for other shoppers to have accurate and updated information and input from all sources which, of course, includes consumers on the forum.

Have a nice memorial day weekend.

Phoenix

Hi April, Brooke here from Nest Bedding. Due to the new feature of our exchangeable zipper top in our Alexander Hybrid, we had to update our Titan gel to a 3.5 LBS. If you would like, you can reach me at [email protected] and we can discuss further any questions or concerns about our mattresses!

Appreciate this forum. In March 20 reply the specs of the Alexander Signature Hybrid were listed as the following:

Here are the updated specs of the (14") Alexander Signature Hybrid

.25" 4 lb. Gel Infused Memory Foam & Soft Quilted Thermic Phase Change Fabric
3" 4 lb/ft3 Medium TitanChill Endurance FoamĀ®
1.5" 3.5 lb/ft3 Copper Infused Energex Foam
1" 3 lb/ft3 SmartFlow Support Foam
8" Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils

As of today, this is what is listed on their website:

25" 4 lb. Gel Infused Memory Foam & Soft Quilted Thermic Phase Change Fabric
3" 3.5 lb Medium TitanChill Endurance FoamĀ®
1" 3 lb SmartFlow Support Foam
8" Quantum Edge Pocketed Support Coils
1" 3 lb base support form.

It appears the cooper infused energex foam is no longer a part of this bed and the TitanChill foam is no longer 4 lb but 3.5 lb. All of the positive reviews I have found on this bed were done before they changed their components. Can you help me understand if these new specs represent the same quality and durability.

Thanks

I reached out to Nest and asked them what the difference was regarding the medium and luxury firm models now for the Alexander Signature Hybrid. I was told that the 3 inches of 3.5 lb Titan Chill Foam has a different ILD. It is 18 for the medium and 28 for the firm. Otherwise, medium and firm are identical.

Iā€™m not sure if the medium would be too soft for me, or the firm, too firm (and I donā€™t live near one of their stores). Anyone have any idea about the difference in feel between 18 and 28 ILD for this type of foam? Is it dramatically different?

For background, Iā€™m about 160 lbs (5ā€™ 6inches) and I often sleep on my stomach ā€“ but also sleep on my side.

Iā€™m using a Winkbed luxury firm right now (supposedly their medium feel), and I think it feels a bit firm. Before that, I had the Brentwood Oceano, but found the several inches of memory foam to gelatinous/mushy for my tastes (but overall more comfortable than my current Winkbed, which Iā€™m thinking of returning and getting the Alexander Signature Hybrid).

What exactly is TitanChill Endurance Foam - it seems proprietary to Nest? I canā€™t find any information on it anywhere. Is it like memory foam? Or something else?

Thanks.

According to Nestā€™s site their TitanChil Endurance foam is titanium infused memory foam. Nest partners with Brooklyn Bedding who is the manufacturer of most Nest mattresses, and they use TitanFlex foam which from their details may be the same or very similar. Itā€™s described as being similar to memory foam but with a responsiveness more like latex, with TitanCool which uses titanium along with cooling gel for temperature control.

• Bill

[quote=ā€œSweet Dreamsā€ post=83999]According to Nestā€™s site their TitanChil Endurance foam is titanium infused memory foam. Nest partners with Brooklyn Bedding who is the manufacturer of most Nest mattresses, and they use TitanFlex foam which from their details may be the same or very similar. Itā€™s described as being similar to memory foam but with a responsiveness more like latex, with TitanCool which uses titanium along with cooling gel for temperature control.

• Bill
    [/quote]

So it sounds like it is supposed to feel like memory foam, but bounces back faster? I wonder what the real world difference is between ILD 18 and ILD 28 for the TitanChil foam as far as feel? That appears to be the only difference between medium and firm for this mattress. Yet, they have medium on their scale as about a 5 and the firm as a 7.5 to 8 (which sounds hard). Is the value of 10 difference in ILD that significant?

This is just my experience with Nest, maybe others had better luck. I tried the queen Medium hybrid mattress from Nest and I couldnā€™t sleep on it way to firm. I contacted Nest told them I had a problem with sleeping. I am a side sleeper and was having shoulder pain and hip pain and pressure. Had to wait the full 30 days to do a comfort exchange. When my 30 days where over I contacted Nest again (email)for the comfort layer exchange didnā€™t hear back for 4- 5 days. When I did hear back I need to send pictures of the mattress, mattress manufacturer dates and what frame and box spring I was using.
So after a couple of days I sent the pictures. Waited another few days to get a return email to start the comfort exchange. Finally heard back and I had an invoice for 200.00 + for the comfort exchange. So I called them and they informed me that I have to purchase the new softer comfort layer and I will get reimburse after I received it. So I paid for the softer comfort layer ( now we are already 2 weeks In) to make this a little story short after 3 weeks after I purchased the softer layer it still didnā€™t ship ,I called and it was being proceed to have to order filled. At that time I cancelled my order and wanted my Nest bed pick up for full refund.
Hope you have better luck.

I have no experience with various ILDs for memory foam, but in latex there is a significant difference in feel and support between ILDs of 18 and 28. With latex an ILD of 18 is considered soft and is generally considered too soft as a topper for those over ~220lbs. since theyā€™ll sink right through it. An ILD of 28 is considered medium and has much more support while still being conforming for heavier individuals. So at least when dealing with latex a difference of 10 ILD is quite significant.

@Mark64 I am looking at purchasing the Nest ASH and was wondering if you ended up buying it and if so, if you were still happy with this mattress. Also, what foundation did you buy to go with it? Thank you!