All Latex or "Hybrid"--HELP!

Hi DrDonna,

The key with any mattress outside of testing for PPP is to make sure you know the specifics of all the layers and components in the mattress so you can identify any potential weak links in the mattress and make more meaningful comparisons to other mattresses. If you are able to find out the specifics of what is inside the Kluft/Aireloom you are considering I’d be happy to make some comments about it but they are not too forthcoming about the materials they use in their mattresses.

There are several members of the forum that have purchased a Greensleep (including dn) and are very happy with it. They use very high quality materials (Dunlop latex and a wool quilted cover) and have a very flexible design with good options to customize the mattress before and after a purchase but they are also in a more premium price range than some other latex mattresses as you know. The S-200 and the S-300 foundations underneath them can also be used to customize the mattress even further and the S-300 can be fine tuned with different zones of firmness and softness that can make a difference in PPP but of course they also add to the cost of the sleeping system.

A forum search on Greensleep (you can just click this) will bring up more posts and feedback about them.

I’m guessing you’ve already seen these but just in case … post #2 here has a list of some of the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the NYC area and post #7 here has a more categorized list with more detailed descriptions of many of them.

Phoenix