All new latex mattress Manufature stain

Hi, Im new to the forums but have done all my research here before I got a New Organic latex Mattress, I just set it up and noticed a small dark smear which could of bin from myself when trying to put it into my bed frame but I also noticed A few orange colored stain looking marks which is hard to take a clear picture of but wanted to know if its possible for them to come from the manufacturing process. Theres a tag with writing on it that says may 3rd so its pretty new. I would completely fine if this was the case, Im probably being paranoid but just wanted to know if this can be common. Any info would be much appreciated.

Hi Brent743,

A mattress normally wouldn’t have any stains on the cover but it’s not really possible to make any comments without seeing it for myself. It would probably be a good idea to send a picture to the manufacturer or retailer you purchased from and ask them if it’s normal or anything that you would need to be concerned about.

Phoenix

Here are some pictures …there small and faint

Hi Brent743,

You’re right they are very small and faint and with the lighting in the pictures it’s hard for me to tell what they might be or where they came from.

They certainly wouldn’t affect the mattress but if they are a concern for you I would probably send the pictures to the retailer or manufacturer you purchased from and ask for their comments.

Phoenix

Thank-you for the reply, I have one more concern, is it normal for a new mattress to feel firmer or a little higher in the middle of the bed compared to the sides in the beginning of breaking it in?

Hi Brent743,

I don’t know anything about the mattress you purchased so I really don’t know what would be “normal” for your mattress but some mattresses are zoned and can feel firmer in the middle. It’s also common for someone to “feel” something unusual when they are first sleeping on a mattress that is different from what they are used to. For example your old mattress could have softened in the middle so a mattress that wasn’t softer in the middle could feel like it was firmer in the middle to you so it could also be something that you are “feeling” even if the mattress itself isn’t actually firmer in the middle. There is more about the normal break in and adjustment period with a new mattress in post #3 here.

Phoenix.

Thanks for the info, The mattress I had before was a 12 year boxspring simmons which eventually became a crater in the middle. The one I just purchased is a Natures Embrace 8" Opus Its very comfortable and has good support but just feels a little Higher raised in the middle compared to everywhere else. It might just be in my head from sleeping in a crater for so long as I started to get lower back problems from it which have pretty much gone away from getting a new Mattress

Hi Brent743,

You certainly made a great quality choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

The Nature’s Embrace 8" Opus is a multizoned mattress with firmer and softer sections under different parts of the body. Zoning can help to make sure that the heavier parts of the body such as the hips/pelvis are better supported by the firmer sections so they don’t sink down as far which can help to maintain better spinal alignment over the course of the night which can help prevent lower back issues. It’s probably more noticeable to you and may take a little time to get used to because your previous mattress was the opposite and was sagging in the middle.

Zoning systems can certainly be useful and well worth considering for people that have more difficulty finding a mattress with the right “balance” between comfort/pressure relief (under the shoulders especially) and support/alignment (under the hips/pelvis especially) or who have more challenging circumstances or sensitivities, body types that are more difficult to “match” to a mattress, more complex medical issues, or who have a history of having more difficulty in finding a mattress that works well for them. There is more about zoning in this article and in post #11 here and the additional posts it links to.

Phoenix

Thanks Again!