Aloe Alexis vs. Bamboo Bliss

We are about to purchase a new mattress from Brooklyn Bedding, after researching this site. We have had a spring mattress for over 25 yrs and it now feels like a board. Very uncomfortable and not sleeping well. Way past due in purchasing something new!! We are in our 60’s, me 155lbs, 71/2" and my husband 163 and 5’9". We are both side sleepers.

My question is, at our sizes, is it worth the extra money for the aloe alexis instead of the bamboo bliss? Does the extra 3" of latex matter that much or does it only matter for heavier people? At our ages we’d like this mattress to last for a long time and give us good support. We both can have back issues off and on.

The Aloe Alexis is more configurable having two 3" slices of Latex. I am also a side sleeper (a little taller and heavier than your husband) and feel that the extra 3" of latex is well worth the cost. That being said, I think that calling Brooklyn Bedding is your best option. They know the specifics of their beds and have a lot of customers as reference to guide you in making your selection.

Best wishes,
Jeff

Hi maggiesp,

You can read more about the Alexis (or any mattress with thicker latex comfort layers) vs the Bamboo Bliss (or any mattress with thinner latex comfort layers) in post #2 here and post #2 here and post #3 here.

For most people it would make a noticeable difference (6" of latex would be closer to the “feel” and performance of an all latex mattress than a thinner latex comfort layer) and as jefmoody also mentioned the Alexis also has more options to fine tune the feel and performance of the mattress compared to a mattress with only a single latex layer.

Phoenix

Thanks for the responses. I think going with the Alexis is the choice we are going with. We are looking for the most comfort and durability. We ordered it!!! Scary, but I think it’s great that we can swap out if needing it firmer or softer. We went with the level 6 per Jacob’s recommendation. I’ll write back after we get it in.

Hi maggiep,

You are certainly making a great quality/value choice that has good options after a purchase as well to further customize the mattress if you need to.

Congratulations on your new mattress :).

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you receive it.

Phoenix