Amerisleep AS2/AS3 vs Tempur-pedic Tempur-Flex Supreme Breeze

I’ve read reviews/opinions of the Amerisleep vs Tempur-pedic mattresses. People speak highly of the Amerisleep but I’m unable to try one in a store. I was able to lay on a Medium mattress of the Tempur-Flex Supreme Breeze and it was very nice. The only issue is the high price. I want to get a King size bed.

I’d prefer to buy the AS2 or AS3 - whichever is closer to the feel of the Tempur-pedic. Has anyone tried both or can comment on the quality and comfort of the Amerisleep mattresses?

Thanks!!

Hi noise,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

While other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful, I would always keep in mind that you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and I would be cautious about using anyone else’s suggestions, experiences or reviews on a specific mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you. In many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people in terms of comfort, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your own Personal preferences) may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range). In other words … reviews or other people’s experiences in general won’t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or “value” of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here).

The first step in analyzing any products would be knowing about the componentry within the mattress.

The Tempurpedic Tempur-Flex Supreme Breeze contains:
2" Tempur-ES 4 lb memory foam
1" Tempur-Climate 5.3 lb memory foam
Pocketed coil spring unit with perimeter foam edge system
2.5" 1.6 lb polyfoam

This is described as a “medium” feel.

The Amerisleep AS3 contains(?):
3" memory foam 4 lb
2" polyfoam 1.65 lb
7" base polyfoam 1.8 lb

The Amerisleep AS2 contains(?):
2" memory foam 4 lb
3" polyfoam 1.65 lb
7" base polyfoam 1.8 lb

The AS3 is rated by Amerisleep as softer than the AS2.

Amerisleep doesn’t list the specifications of their mattresses on their web site, so you’d want to confirm these specifications with them before considering a purchase, as this is what I’ve been able to acquire in my research for the two models in question.

When evaluating any mattress you should always make sure that you find out the information listed here so you can compare the quality of the materials and components to the durability guidelines here to make sure there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress that would be a cause for concern relative to the durability and useful life of a mattress before making any purchase.

The two Amerisleep mattresses would feel more like each other than they would feel like the Tempur-Flex, as that model uses an innerspring unit for the support core.

There is more information in post #9 here about the different ways that one mattress can “match” or “approximate” another one. Every layer and component in a mattress (including the cover and any quilting materials) will affect the feel and performance of every other layer and component and the mattress “as a whole” so unless you are able to find another mattress that uses exactly the same type of materials, components, cover and quilting, layer thicknesses, layer firmnesses, and overall design (which would be fairly unlikely) then there really isn’t a reliable way to match one mattress to another one in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your Personal preferences) based on the specifications of the mattresses (even assuming that you can find out all the specifications you would need for both mattresses you are comparing in the first place).

There are simply too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved in choosing a mattress for someone else to make specific suggestions based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or theory at a distance that can possible be more accurate than your own careful and objective testing (using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post) which is always the most reliable way to predict which mattress will be the best match for you in terms of PPP (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

If you’re considering other online and more affordable “medium” feeling memory foam mattresses, you may also wish to consider the configurable memory foam beds from Memory Foam Comfort, the memory foam or hybrid line from Nest Bedding, or Rocky Mountain Mattress. While certainly not a complete list of what is available online, all of these manufacturers are members of this site which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency. They are also very knowledgeable about memory foam and transparent about their products, and I would not hesitate to recommend them for your consideration. Another option you may wish to consider (nonmember of our site) is the Novosbed Medium

Hope this helps

Phoenix