Amerisleep Memory Foam???

My wife and I purchased a $2,200 king size latex bed from Plushbeds about 1.5 years ago. While they are truly comfortable (at first), and they do sleep cool, we have run into a problem; my side has a permanent indention where I lay. At my heaviest, I was 185 lbs. This should not have happened, and Plushbeds even agreed. I have contacted them about the issue (10 year replacement warranty) and after the initial response, I have not heard back from them (it is 5 days later). I am not a happy camper.

:angry:

I have mild scoliosis in my upper back/neck, and my chiropractor recommended a high quality memory foam mattress. Obviously I ran to check out Tempur-pedic as that is the most popular (the Rhapsody Breeze felt great), but then I started doing a little research and found this website. At this point, I am willing to go with another company that has the same (or better) quality, but at a fraction of the price.

That leads me to Amerisleep. Their beds “seem” to have quality materials, but then I read some reviews that stated the company was horrible, and even had a low BBB rating. Does anyone know anything about them? Have they gotten better?

I am also skeptical of gel memory foam as tests are now indicating that they retain heat.

What about Healthy Foundations? They don’t have many options but offer a 365 sleep trial and 10 year non-prorated warranty.

Hi CDFinch,

I would probably try and call them on the phone but I certainly agree that this “shouldn’t” be happening and they “should be” helping you more promptly. How deep is the indentation (perhaps you could post a picture)?

There is more about Amerisleep and their sister companies and their so called “expert sites” that pose as being independent in post #2 here and the posts it links to. A forum search on Amerisleep (you can just click the link) will bring up more about them as well.

They wouldn’t be among my top choices when you have so many other good online options available to you.

There are many versions of gel memory foam that are different from each other but there is more information about them and their properties including their temperature regulating benefits in post #2 here and the other posts it links to.

Phoenix

Hi CDFinch,

Sorry I missed your second post (which I think you posted while I was replying).

You can see my thoughts about Healthy Foundations in post #486 here and a forum search on Healthy Foundations (you can just click the link) will bring up more feedback about them as well.

They don’t make specific comparisons for their mattress to Tempurpedic or any other mattress but generically they do say that it’s on the firmer end of the range. They also have a good return policy although I really don’t think that there is much added value after about 90 days or so because I can’t imagine that it would take longer than about 90 days or so for someone to know whether a mattress was a good match for them or not.

Phoenix