Amerisleep, what do we really know about the PRODUCT??? (shaddy marketing yes, but the beds?)

Hey Octonion,

Thanks for your reply and updates :slight_smile: .

Thank you for explaining your mattress research process, Octonion. My apologies for not following your statement in yourprevious post: “So I need to go for a hybrid: foam + coil and so I ended up AmeriSleep AS2 Hybrid.”. Consumers on the forum often use the expressions “ended up” in the same way as “having bought” or “went with” when casually saying that they purchased a particular mattress.

Congrats on your new mattress shopping journey :slight_smile: ! From Amerisleep’s site, the AS2 Hybrid cutaway image depicts a proprietary gel memory foam comfort layer, a proprietary 5-zoned transition layer over a pocket coil array with perimeter edge support. The mattress comes in one firmness: medium firm. As they do not share any component specifications, you would want to consult with them regarding those details for assurance they would meet appropriate durability guidelines.

You may have already found this Phoenix post regarding the Amerisleep AS2 (not Hybrid model); I included it here as there are many helpful links for your consideration.

These TMU trusted members offer similar memory foam hybrid mattresses, they have been linked to their product pages for your review:

Fox Mattress

Magic Sleeper

Mattress To Go

Nest Bedding

Richmond Bedding

Texas Mattress Makers

The Beloit Mattress Company

Hopefully, you will find some of the links useful. Any of these trusted members would be happy to help you with questions regarding which of their hybrid mattresses may be a close match to the AS2 Hybrid, should you be interested in their products. Here is a checklist of questions that you may find helpful when researching your mattress purchase. With any manufacturer/ retailer that you are considering otherwise, you would want to be sure that their foams are made in the USA and are CertiPUR-US Certified, which means they’ve been tested by a credible 3rd party for any known harmful chemicals. Hope these thought starters are a bit more helpful and good luck with your mattress shopping journey :slight_smile: .

Thanks,
Sensei