Anatomic Global Mattress

At our local home show, Anatomic Global had eco friendly memory foam mattresses to test and I’m gravitating towards their Ascent 5 model. The salesman, of course, tells me that theirs are the best memory foam mattresses on the market. What do you know about this mattress? I’m looking for should and hip pressure relief and, of course, proper body alignment while sleeping.

Hi richmanja,

You can read a bit more about both Anatomic Global and so called “ecofoams” or “plant based foams” in post #2 here and in post #2 here.

They can be “better than average” value but knowing the quality and value of any mattresses depends on the willingness and ability of the retailer to tell you the details of every layer of the mattress (including the foam densities) and to help you understand what they mean. Without this there is no way to make any meaningful assessment of comparison of any mattress and you would be making a “blind” purchase.

I would also make sure you have read post #1 here and the information, guidelines, and steps that are included. It is the single most important post on the forum when you are looking for a new mattress. It also includes information about how to test a mattress more objectively for what call PPP (Pressure relief, Posture and alignment, and Personal preferences) so that you don’t just test a mattress for “showroom feel” or “subjective comfort” which is among the worst ways to choose a mattress.

Hope that helps … and if you find out the specifics of the layers of the mattress you are looking at (and providing this is part of the job of every good salesperson) and post them here I’d be happy to give you more of my thoughts about it.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix. Tomorrow is the last day of the Home Show and “sale” price though I’m guessing he’d honor the deal if I called him later. They are not local, and in fact their closest outlet is some 80 miles away. I’ll go back tomorrow and ask about foam densities and thickness of layers.

How do you know so much … by the way?

Hi richmanja,

The first answer is here :slight_smile:

The “real” answer is that whatever I may know is the result of thousands of hours (without exaggeration) talking with now hundreds of people who know more than me and are among the most knowledgeable and experienced “mattress people” in the industry, have spent decades either making or selling mattresses or components, and who have been kind enough to share their knowledge, theories, and experience with me.

Add thousands of hours of ongoing research of various kinds to find the facts or at least the “preponderance of the evidence” behind the often conflicting or misleading information that is everywhere in the industry or to find out why people who I respect can have such different opinions and both be right in certain circumstances and add a few hundred hours of testing mattresses and presto … you have the information on this website (so far) :slight_smile:

Somebody had to do it … and I thought it may as well be me because I really do enjoy it and I’ve had the chance to get to know some great people…

The worst/best part is that the learning curve never seems to stop!

Phoenix