Another Mattress Help Question

Looking at having a mattress made here in Calgary and supporting a local craftsman as opposed to buying online.
As I am worried about shipping cost and comfort exchanges.

Aside from justifying the added cost I am trying to piece together whether it is worthwhile to add more layers and also thicker layers.

Was thinking about going with three - 3 inch layers ( firm-medium-soft) presently but now I am wondering if it would be worth while to go with a 6 inch layer (firm) and then two more 3 inch layers ( medium - soft).

Just wondering what peoples experiences and thoughts were.

Also wanted to add what a great site this is, I hope it helps a lot of people sort out the mattress industry.

Hi PistNBroke,

This would depend entirely on whether one design was a better “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). If the thicker mattress or thicker layers were an improvement for you that justified the added cost of more materials it would certainly be worthwhile and if it was either the same or detrimental to you then it wouldn’t be worthwhile IMO. With careful and objective testing your body will tell you which one would be “best”. You can read a little more about layer and mattress thickness in post #14 here.

Thanks for the kind comments … and I hope it can be a small part of changing the industry as well :slight_smile:

You’ve probably already seen this but just in case you haven’t … some of the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Calgary area are listed in post #2 here including 3 of the members of this site.

Phoenix

For what it’s worth, I bought my mattresses (and a bunch of other beddings) from The Mattress and Sleep Company (tmasc.ca) in Calgary, and have excellent things to say about them (and recommend them to all my family and friends). I still go back when I need / want beddings. My experience is that they have excellent products and wonderful customer service. They are a member of this site :slight_smile:

Thanks,