Another ultimate dreams mattress question.

Phoenix, thank you for your recommendations on outlets in retail stores that would carry latex mattresses in Wichita Kansas.

We went to Denver mattress And demoed the Aspen and the Snowmass mattresses. My wife preferred to Snowmass mattress which I believe is the firmer model while I preferred the Aspen model which I also believe is the softer model.

With that said we believe that the ultimate Dreams mattress is the better choice both in cost and materials. Now the decision must be made between the Euro top version and the basic model of the ultimate dreams mattress.

The main reason we would consider the euro top mattress is because that mattress can be dual zoned… iE a his and her side. I have read conflicting reports that the basic model can be dual zone as well? Do you know an answer to this for sure?

Other than convenience does the euro top provide any superiority over the basic model? I understand the euro top has a thicker core, but does this make the mattress firmer overall? Or does the euro top by nature make it a softer bed?

Lastly how does the euro top and basic models differ as far as feel goes? I understand this is a very subjective question!

Lastly, lastly Would the ultimate dreams euro top mattress differ significantly from the Denver mattresses as far as feel?

Again, thank you very much for your time I sincerely appreciate it.

Hi Kinesiodoc,

[quote]With that said we believe that the ultimate Dreams mattress is the better choice both in cost and materials. Now the decision must be made between the Euro top version and the basic model of the ultimate dreams mattress.

The main reason we would consider the euro top mattress is because that mattress can be dual zoned… iE a his and her side. I have read conflicting reports that the basic model can be dual zone as well? Do you know an answer to this for sure?

Other than convenience does the euro top provide any superiority over the basic model? I understand the euro top has a thicker core, but does this make the mattress firmer overall? Or does the euro top by nature make it a softer bed?[/quote]

You can see a comparison between the two in post #2 here. As far as I’m aware it’s just the Eurotop that can be dual zoned. For most people … the feel between the two would be very similar (close to identical) with the same comfort choice.

The closest answer I can give to this (because feel is subjective and has many elements involved) is “quite likely” because the Denver Mattress is all (or mostly) latex (latex in both comfort layers and support layers) and the Ultimate Dreams is a latex/polyfoam hybrid (latex in the comfort layers only). They also have different designs which leads to a different feel. You can read my thoughts about a latex hybrid vs an all latex (or mostly latex) mattress in post #2 here.

Hope this helps

Phoenix