Any 4th of July Sales???

Are there any great 4th of July sales going on? I’m looking for the best price on a 3" soft latex – 100% Natural Talalay or Talalay blend, California King with cover.

Also, I live is Sioux Falls, South Dakota – any local stores?

Hi wpitman,

Better manufacturers and retailers don’t generally “negotiate” (see post #6 here) or have “fake sales” with large discounts based on the time of year or holidays (see the guidelines here and post #5 here). While they may occasionally have sales with smaller discounts or sell floor models at a reduced price … I would treat retailers or manufacturers that negotiate their prices or have “major holiday sales” at certain times with “huge” discounts as a red flag because manufacturers or retailers that sell good quality/value mattresses don’t need to negotiate or have “fake sales” with misleading discounts to create a false sense of urgency as a sales tactic and they sell good quality/value mattresses every day of the year at good prices that are already very fair and reasonable.

If you think about it … it makes no sense to overcharge customers for most of the year and only charge a reasonable price for a few days of the year. Most mattress sales are more about perception and creating a false sense of urgency and the illusion of saving money than they are about reality.

In other words … if you are dealing with a better retailer or manufacturer that sells better quality/value mattresses then one time of the year isn’t really any better than another.

Subject to confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article) and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here … the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Sioux Falls area are listed in posts #2 and #3 here.

Phoenix

Sleepys is advertising 50% off for the holiday. Speaks for itself.