Any Experience With “Tuck”?

Hi everyone,

After much research, I’ve come to the conclusion that a latex/coil hybrid mattress may be the best fit for me. I say this because I’m not a huge fan of 100% foam mattresses, and I loved the Leesa Sapira I tried in person.

With that in mind, the two mattressess I’m most interested in are the Eco Sleep Hybrid from mattresses.net (Aka Arizona Mattress) and the new “Tuck”. Tuck is interesting because it’s a hybrid talalay latex/coil mattress that allows you to “customize” your bed for under $1,000.

However there doesn’t seem to be much written about them outside of sponsored “review” sites, and I’m not sure if they’re good or not. For this reason I’m leaning a bit toward the eco, even if I’m worried about a latex smell. Info much appreciated!

Hi MichaelJBrooker,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

A latex/coil mattress can be a comfortable combination that many people do prefer. The Sapira mattress you tested does use pocketed spring, but there is no latex in that product. Just for clarification, the spring unit has a 1" layer of 1.8 lb polyfoam on the top and bottom of it, and then above that is 1.5" Of 4 lb memory foam and 1.5" of 3.65 lb Avena "high performance" polyfoam.

The Eco Sleep Hybrid from Arizona Premium uses good quality materials (Caliber Edge Leggett and Platt pocketed coil unit along with your choice of 3" of blended Talalay latex in plush, medium, firm and extra firm). The bamboo cover is quilted to wool and zippered, allowing you to customize your comfort by changing latex top layers. If you’re considering this item, I would advise you to place a phone call directly with Arizona Premium and seek their advice as to what level of plushness might best suit your needs.

The Tuck mattress has been mentioned before here on the site in this post. There’s a couple different Tuck Mattresses out there, but I think you mean the one that is TryTuck headed by a marketer, advertiser and entrepreneur named Bill Fish. The concept is that you fill out an online form and then a configuration is presented to you to order. I’m not completely familiar with the product, but specifications of some of the foams that I have been able to find are 3.5 lb copper/gel memory foam, Dunlop latex, a microcoil unit, various polyfoams at 1.8 lb, and a pocketed spring unit. I haven’t confirmed these specifications, and I don’t have access all of the various designs they offer, so consider this information as limited and confirm any actual specifications with anything you’d be considering.

In the post that I linked to above, the original poster had a similar question to yours and there is also information about the Nest Bedding Hybrid Latex mattress and the Luma Sleep hybrid latex mattress. Both of these are true hybrid/latex mattresses and they use good quality and durable materials, and may be worthy of your consideration. Like Arizona Premium, both Nest Bedding and Luma Sleep are site members here, and I do think highly of their products and the advice they all provide.

Regarding odor, latex will tend to have what some people describe as “slightly sweet” or “vanilla-ish” smell, which tends to dissipate quickly.

Phoenix