Any feedback on Novosbed Classic?

Using the search feature I see several members have purchased the Novosbed Classic, but I cannot find any member feedback or reviews on their mattress. Does anyone have any experience with the Classic?

I’m on a quest to find something that replicates the Tempurpedic Elite or Supreme. Novosbed rep said the Classic would be the closest thing they have to those current Tempurpedic models. Just wanted to see if anyone here had the mattress and had any comments on it.

Thanks,

Hi RTR,

While I have no personal experience with the Novosbed Classic (and hopefully some of the members here that own one and have compared them to the new Tempurpedic Contour Supreme or Elite mattresses will see your post and share their thoughts) … there is more information here about the different ways that one mattress can “approximate” another one in post #9 here that may be useful.

I would also take into account that the Contour Supreme and Elite are different firmness levels so a mattress would be unlikely to match both of them. There is also no “standard” definition of comfort levels between manufacturers and different people can also have different perceptions about how two mattresses may compare.

For reference as well … the materials in the Tempurpedic mattresses you mentioned as far as I know are as follows …

Contour Supreme:

Quilt
Easy Refresh Stretch Knit Cover
Smart Climate System, moisture-wicking,
Cool to the touch

Comfort Layers
1" TEMPUR Comfort layer 5.3LB
2.4" TEMPUR Support layer 5.3LB

Support System
3" Poly foam Base 2.0LB
5.1" Poly foam Base 2.0LB

Tempurpedic rates this as “firm” and as being less contouring than the Elite.

Contour Elite:

Quilt
Easy Refresh Stretch Knit Cover
Smart Climate System, moisture-wicking,
Cool to the touch

Comfort Layers
1.2" Tempur HD 7.1 LB
2.3" Tempur Material 5.3 LB

Support System
Dual Airflow system
4.5" Airflow Base layer 2.0 LB
4.5" Airflow Base layer 2.0 LB

Tempurpedic rates this as “medium-firm” and more contouring than the Supreme (the 7.1 lb memory foam would be softer and more contouring than their 5.3 lb memory foam).

Most manufacturers will be familiar with the new Tempurpedic models and would be a good source of guidance about how their mattresses compare in one or more ways even if they don’t have specific comparisons on their site but if you are one of those that are more sensitive to any differences between them then a good return policy may become a more important part of your personal value equation in case your personal experience indicates that the mattress you purchased isn’t as good a “match” as you hoped for … and they do have a very good return policy.

Phoenix