Any feedback on Verlo mattresses?

I am in mattress shopping mode to replace my 20 year old Sealy mattress. That mattress was comfy for many years but has finally given up the ghost.

My budget is $2K max, but would prefer to remain under that.

Someone suggested a local franchise , Verlo. I went for a visit and found their mattresses to be quite comfy. I like the Regal ($1700 for a Queen set) and Ashford (1900), both smooth top and flippable. The mattresses are made on the premises and they offer a good warranty.

So, has anyone here purchased a Verlo mattress? Were you happy with your purchase over the long run? Can anyone comment on the quality of Verlo compared to a similarly priced Serta or Sealy? At Verlo they will adjust your mattress if you are not happy with it, although I’d rather buy a mattress that I am happy with from the start.

Is Verlo better, worse or the same as the “S” mattresses? Verlo uses “upholstery grade polyfoam”. I have no idea if that is good or bad. Thanks for any feedback on Verlo.

Hi Dedtired,

You can see some generic comments about Verlo in post #12 here and in post #18 here. The most important part of dealing with a manufacturer like Verlo is that they will disclose the specifics of all the materials and components in their mattress. As you mentioned they will also make changes to your mattress after a purchase if it’s necessary which can be a real benefit for those who need it.

A mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it and the only way to make meaningful comparisons between mattresses is by knowing the specifics of what is inside each mattress you are comparing. The quality of a specific mattress always depends on the specifics of what is inside it … not on the name of the manufacturer that is on the label. The good news about Verlo is that they provide the information that allows you to assess the quality of their mattresses and in most cases the major brands don’t.

The first place I would start with your mattress research is post #1 here which has the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choices … and avoid the worst ones … which generally includes all the major brands or any other manufacturer that isn’t completely transparent and doesn’t disclose the quality of the materials they use in their mattresses.

Upholstery grade polyfoam generally means 1.8 lb polyfoam or better which is a higher grade of foam than the major manufacturers generally use but this is really a generic description and the actual density of each layer of foam in the mattress is what you really need to know. Like mattresses … furniture can use a wide range of foam materials from low to high quality so “upholstery grade” is more of a marketing term than it is a specific grade or density of foam.

Phoenix

Thank you, Phoenix. That is more helpful than you can imagine. Yes, I did start with reading all the basics on mattress buying, which again is enormously helpful. Thank you for this site.

I was impressed with the Verlo store. The one I visited is a showroom tacked onto the workroom where they make the mattresses. The fellow I talked to is the one who does the assembly. I was the only customer there and he and I chatted while I bounced on nearly every mattress in the store. The fellow really knew his stuff (ings :stuck_out_tongue: ). This was John in the Broomall PA store.

I may do some more research on latex mattresses, but if I go with innerspring, I will most likely buy a Verlo. I’m still interested in hearing from anyone who owns a Verlo mattress.

Hi Dedtired,

Hopefully others that have purchased from Verlo will see your post but in the meantime post #9 here and #17 here from Vince and post #22 here from Nancy361 has a little more feedback about the Verlo West Chester and Broomall stores (which have the same owner).

Post #2 here also lists some of the other options in the West Chester and surrounding area and post #4 here has more options in the larger Philadelphia region…

Phoenix