any local manufacturers in South Florida (fort lauderdale - boca raton)

We currently shopping for a king mattress. I am in the South florida (Boca Raton) area.

We went to Bloomingdales and tried the Kluft Raphael and thought is was a great feeling bed (firmness / softness) but each mattress was more expensive than we wanted to spend. This was our first exploration into latex beds, and how they do not retain heat. After a bunch of reading I’ve found myself more confused then ever with all the different configurations.

We are looking for a bed with this firmness / softness but need it to NOT retain heat as we are already in a very hot climate.
Before going to all the matress stores I thought we maybe able to get suggestions of other locations to try and explore.

thanks!

Hi talwe,

The first place to start your research is post #1 here which includes the most important basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will find most useful.

The temperature regulation of a mattress is the result of a combination of many factors and while latex is the most breathable foam category, the rest of the layers (including the mattress cover, quilting, your mattress protector, and your sheets and bedding) will also play a significant role in the sleeping temperature of your mattress. You can read more about temperature regulation in post #2 here.

I would focus more on your own personal experience and testing as accurately and objectively as possible rather than the specific design of the mattress. While it’s important to know the details of what is in a mattress so that you can make sure there are no lower quality materials or “weak links” in the mattress and can make meaningful quality and value comparisons with other mattresses … the best way to know whether a mattress is suitable for your needs and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) is with your own personal testing rather than analyzing the design.

Some of the better options and possibilities in the Boca Raton / Ft Lauderdale area I’m aware of are listed in post # 2 here.

Phoenix