Any One With Yogabed Experience

Hello, I am brand new to the forum and can’t believe how much great information there is here and everything I have learned that I never knew about mattresses and shopping for them. I am trying to narrow things down and I like what I see about the tuft and needle 10" and is probably at the top of my list right now. I am 6’0" tall and 290 lbs and a side sleeper. Does any one have any actual experience with the Yogabed? I emailed them and they provided me with the following information.

(Yogabed uses a four-layer construction that makes up it’s proprietary 10 inch design. Our construction is made up the following components:
Cover Layer: Our zip n’ wash cover provides the cleanest sleep experience possible and keeps dust mite allergens to an absolute minimum. The zip n’ wash cover is only available on Yogabed.
Layer 1: Our top comfort layer uses a fully ventilated .75" of 5.0 pcf Yoga Instant Response Foam
Layer 2: Our cooling support layers uses a ventilated 1.5" of 4.0 pcf of gel infused YogaFoam (YogaGel Memory Foam).
Layer 3: Or mattress core is made of a 6.5 inch of 1.8 pcf Breathable Foam Base.
Layer 4: Our final layer is a 1.0 inch 1.8 pcf/40 ILD to insure that the Yogabed design loses none of the support characteristics to the underside of the mattress and brings continuity of feel across the entire mattress.

Foam densities, thickness and ILD are all key descriptive descriptors to foam components, they are not indicative of comfort. The Yogabed foam designs, mechanical ventilation of the comand the instant response foam designs are proprietary characteristics of Yogabed. These features along with the zip n’ wash cover provide the cleanest sleep experience possible and keeps dust mite allergens to an absolute minimum.)

I am a little concerned with the bottom support layers. I was hoping those would have been 2.5pcf. Worried that the 1.8pcf won’t hold up under my heavier size. I was also considering the Casper but I think I can rule them out. I had contacted them and told me they only rate their bed to about 250 lbs. I did some in store testing and really liked the Tempur weightless select but after reading through the forum here I now know there has to be better choices from both a “value” and “quality” standpoint. I would also appreciate any other suggestions I might want to look at.

Thanks!

Hi beeks1305,

You can see some comments about Yogabed along with the other “one choice fits all” style of mattresses in post #3 here. A forum search on Yogabed (you can just click the link) will also bring up all the forum posts that mention them and more comments and feedback about them as well.

You can also see some comments about some of these mattresses relative to higher weight ranges in post #3 here and the rest of the topic.

Phoenix