Any reviews or comments on Christeli mattresses online?

I want to begin by commending Christeli for excellent customer service. They did in fact call back with a purchase offer I would have accepted and a call from a manager. Unfortunately they used an old number that was ported when we moved over a year ago to my wife’s new cell service. She doesn’t answer calls she doesn’t recognize and she just opened the messages yesterday. My apologies for assuming the worst and for this comedy of errors. I would have been most happy to take advantage of your offer but, unfortunately the train has left the station.

However, I stand by the comments that I have made regarding rewarding reviews and the poor performance of the Daneli mattress. I think it is a bad design. I also believe a review based on long term use is much more accurate than 2 weeks of use and it was not posted "negative pressure. Phoenix, your last comments were very inaccurate and insulting.

Hi kbmw94,

Thanks for updating your comments and it’s good to see that Christeli went “above and beyond” in their efforts to help you even though they were under no obligation to do so and even though they weren’t able to connect with you.

Your comments here are an example of my previous comments about reviews where consumers often confuse comfort issues with quality issues. While it’s clear that the mattress wasn’t a good “match” for you personally … I would doubt that you have the experience or knowledge to assess whether a mattress is a “poor design” (outside of for you personally) and there are many other people that are sleeping very well on the same mattress.

My comments aren’t meant to be insulting or demeaning and I don’t know why it would be an insult to point out that it’s unlikely that you have enough experience about mattress design and theory to be able to assess the overall design of a mattress (outside of knowing that it didn’t “work” for you personally). They are also for the benefit and education of others that may read this topic to highlight some of the issues that are inherent with reviews themselves and provide an example of the reasons that I pay little attention to them because a mattress that may be unsuitable for one person to sleep on may be a perfect “match” for someone else. A mattress that doesn’t “work” for one person or a couple certainly doesn’t indicate a poor design … only that in spite of “best efforts” that you chose a mattress that didn’t turn out to be a suitable “match” for you in terms of PPP and this is just part of the risk of an online purchase and is the reason that taking advantage of a good exchange/return policy when necessary can be an important part of the “value” of a mattress purchase.

If a mattress isn’t a good match for you in terms of comfort and PPP after the initial break in and adjustment period over the first few weeks then it’s unlikely that it would be a good match after a year either. A year also isn’t what I would consider to be long term use that would say anything about the quality or durability of a mattress which would reasonably require 5 years or so at a minimum.

Phoenix