Any suggestions for 02180

I’m so tired of searching for a King-size mattress that’s right for myself and my hubbie! I’m a stomach sleeper and side sleeper and like something on the Medium to plush side of things that doesn’t sleep warm. He’s a back sleeper and likes something on the firm side. Tried a Temperpedic just to see if we’d like it but we both didn’t like it at all. We are used to an innerspring mattress without a million chemicals (ours is 15 plus years old). Just came close to giving up and trying a Sealy or the Saatva and relieved I found this site! Read the suggestion of going with a local manufacturer. Looking for something that doesn’t sleep warm, isn’t filled with a b’jillion chemicals that might be dangerous, or emit a terrible off-gassing, and isn’t expensive. Any suggestions or feedback for a local manufacturer in the general 02180 or 01949 zip code and/or a brand/mattress you’d recommend we could check out? Thanks!

Hi elskyz,

There is more about all the many factors that can affect the sleeping temperature of a mattress in post #2 here.

Post #2 here and the more detailed posts and information it links to have more information about safe, natural, organic, “chemical free”, and green mattresses and mattress materials that can help you sort through some of the marketing information and terminology that you will encounter in the industry and can help you differentiate between them and answer “how safe is safe enough for me” so you can decide on the types of materials you are most comfortable having in your mattress. These types of issues are complex and are generally specific to each person and their individual sensitivities, circumstances, criteria, and lifestyle choices.

I don’t make suggestions or recommendations for specific manufacturers or mattresses because only you can know the types of materials or mattresses you tend to prefer but the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the general Boston area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here. You certainly have some very good options available to you.

Phoenix