Any suggestions - less expensive version of the Tempur-pedic Cloud Luxe? and less hot

Hi Mmitch44,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Columbus, OH area are listed in post #2 here.

[quote]I think I’m going to go with a mattress set from Costco. I like their return policy so if I have any problems, I’ll be protected.
Here are the three that look good to me:

1. Ara 13" King Memory Foam Mattress with Foundation 100% Visco Foam, $1,300 for king set
  2. Sleep Science Black Diamond 11" King Memory Foam Mattress with Foundation, $1,600 for king set
  3. Sleep Science Cool Retreat 11" King Mattress with Folding Foundation, $1,500 for king set

Any final suggestions?? [/quote]

I would make sure you read the tutorial post before buying any of these because none of them would be a mattress I would personally consider based on the guidelines I would suggest using. The tutorial post also includes a link to some of the better online memory foam manufacturers and retailers I’m aware of.

You can see my thoughts about buying from Costco or a big box store in post #4 here.

There is more about the Ara in post #2 here and the posts it links to.

There is more about the Black Diamond in post #2 here and the posts it links to.

There is more about the Cool Retreat in post #2 here and the posts it links to.

Overall … none of the mattresses you are looking at would be my first choice for all the reasons I mentioned but as you mentioned the Costco return policy may be enough to make them the “best choice for you” based on the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix