Any weak links here?

Hi Phoenix, I was shopping around at Jordan’s and found a mattress that seemed to fit me quite well. But then looking at all the materials listed, I was little overwhelmed to know if anything may be considered a “weak link” in this mattress. I was hoping you could look at it and let me know…also, is this a pocketed coil innerspring? It didn’t state so, but I had asked for that (is that what “individual encased” may mean?) Thanks!

Origin
Made in the U.S.A.

Quilt

Stretch Knit Cover
FlameGuard Fiber
1/2" Prestressed Hypersoft foam 1.15LB
1.5" Prestressed Convoluted foam 1.15LB

Comfort Layers

1.5" Proback zoned support foam 1.2LB
1" Prestressed ActiveFlex HD foam 1.6LB
CoreSupport Center
1/2" Prestressed Gel memory foam 2.5LB
BOTTOM UPHOLSTERY (Below Innerspring)
1/2" Prestressed foam 1.7LB

Support System
Single Sided Sleep Surface
Individual encased Apex Titanium coil
Twice Tempered Steel
T/434 F/589 Q/704 K/896 (Pre-edge)
T/348 F/493 Q/600 K/780 (Actual)
14 gauge steel
Full perimeter SolidEdge HD System
Adjustable Compatible

Hi JayD2014,

You can see the guidelines I would suggest using in post #4 here.

The mattress is a pocket coil yes (individually encased coils) but if you look at the top 5" of the mattress you will see that 4" are very low quality materials (less than 1.8 lb polyfoam or 4 lb memory foam) and the last inch is “borderline” so it would definitely have some significant weak links (more than “about an inch or so” of low quality/density materials) and I would avoid it. This would be a very risky purchase.

Phoenix

Could I ask about one more bed on behalf of a friend? (I have went with the Ultimate Dreams Latex mattress) :cheer:

I’m just not good at applying your recommendations to the actual materials I see…many thanks in advance!

Name

St Anthony Luxury Firm

Origin
Made in the U.S.A.

Quilt
Knit Cover
1.0oz FR Fiber
1" Aircool foam 1.2lb density
1" Aircool foam 1.2lb density

Comfort Layers
½" Gel Touch 1.5lb density
1" Aircool Memory foam 2lb
1 1/2" 1.35lb density foam
Bottom Upholstery (below innerspring)
1/2" 1.2lb density foam

Support System
Individually Pocketed Coils
Single Sided Sleep Surface
800 Coil Density
T/422 F/617 Q/800 K/1046 Pre-edge
T/351 F/513 Q/660 K/780 Actual
13.75 gauge steel
Aircool Ventilated Edge Support

Mattress Type
Innerspring

Hi JayD2014,

The mattress specs you listed includes 2" of 1.2 lb polyfoam, another 1/2" of 1.5 lb polyfoam, another 1" of 2 lb memory foam, and another 1 1/2" of 1.35 lb polyfoam. All of these are lower quality/density and less durable materials and 5" in total of lower quality/density foams in the upper layers of this mattress would be an obvious and significant weak link and I would completely avoid it … along with most if not all of the other Simmons mattresses as well.

Phoenix