Anyone Have Bamboo Sheets?

I love fabric that originates as bamboo (and I know all the stuff about how the bamboo has been changed so much by the manufacturing process that it’s not nearly as “green” as some may think, and the controversy about that). I bought three sets of bamboo sheets from sleepbamboo.com a few years ago - two of the fitted sheets have now shrunk to the point that I can’t even get them on my new 9" mattress, so I’m looking for new ones.

I know sheets aren’t mattresses, but this forum seems a great resource for all things having to do with beds so I thought I’d ask if anyone has bought bamboo sheets that they really like - it’s not that I can’t find some online, it’s rather that I find so many that I’m having trouble figuring out which are better than others, and with the price charged for sheets made of bamboo, I can’t afford to make a mistake and buy ones that I’m not happy with! The one set I have that still fits - the sheets are silky soft, temperature regulating, and a real joy. Tencel is the only other fabric that comes close to what I’m looking for, but they’re hard to find and I already have a set, so what I really want is a new set of good bamboo sheets.

Hi Clawdia,

There is some information about Bamboo and other Viscose / Rayon fabrics in post #7 here.

Hopefully others will see this and share their thoughts about any specific bamboo sheets they own as well.

Phoenix

Probably less helpful as it introduces other options, but MicroModal(r) seems pretty popular right now also. It’s made by the same people that make Tencel(r) (Lenzing – Innovative by nature - Lenzing - innovative by nature)

I’ve seen lots of MicroModal sheets also, and those that like them seem to swear by them.

(Rayon, Modal, ‘Bamboo’, and the various trade names that they go by being made by a similar process)