Anyone use an Ikea Aram foundation with a Dreamfoam Ultimate Dreams Latex matress?

Hey everyone, i’ve ready various posts about foundations and mattresses.
I think we’ve made our mind up on the Dreamfoam Eurotop latex mattress, but i’ve found out that my true box spring from Original Mattress Factory really shouldn’t be used for memory foam/latex matresses, so i need to get a new foundation.

The Ikea Aram foundation seems to be nice and cheap, but apparently there is no actual information on the materials and width of slats etc. It’s about 1/2 the cost of a known good-quality foundation ($300 for a matresses.com king foundation vs $150 for the Aram)

Has anyone bought the Aram foundation and figured out how it’s made and if appropriate for a latex mattress?

PS: anyone know if the “Simple Life Fully Assembled Mattress Box Foundation” on Amazon is good quality?

Hi jasonmolinari,

I don’t know anything about it specifically but based on the description and looking closely at the picture it seems to have 7 slats which would mean that the gaps are over 7" wide and covered by cardboard which is typical of a fairly cheap and lower quality foundation. You could check with Dreamfoam to make sure that it meets the terms of their warranty criteria if the cost of a foundation is your primary consideration.

It’s a wire grid type foundation made by Leggett & Platt (see here) and would be suitable for your mattress.

Phoenix

thanks phoenix. While cost is important, i’m not looking to get the cheapest possible item. I’d rather spend a little more and get something better.
The dreamfoam is interesting to me because while low cost, it seems to be high quality.

Given the costs for the wire grid and wood foundation are the same, is there a benefit to either/or?

thanks!

Hi jasonmolinari,

Outside of the physical strength of a foundation and the amount of weight it is designed to hold and the amount of flex and sagging that it allows in either the short term or long term, you can read a little more about foundations in general in the foundation post here and in particular the two posts that are linked in the second paragraph. There is more about wire grid foundations in post #10 here and outside of any strength concerns with a foundation that has fewer slats you can read more about a foundation that has a solid surface (such as cardboard or a solid surface platform) that doesn’t allow airflow as easily in post #10 here.

I believe that of the two you mentioned the Simple Life foundation would probably be the stronger and overall better choice for your mattress.

Phoenix