Anything similar to the Weightless out there?

I really like the feeling of the soft top where it then firms up quickly.

Hi tsunamis,

There is a little more about the Tempurpedic weightless mattresses in post #2 here and in post #2 here.

Select foam makes two mattresses here that are designed to be similar to the two Tempurpedic Weightless models. NOTE ADDED: Because of ongoing customer service issues and delays Select Foam’s membership has been terminated and I would read the warning here before considering them.

The Tempflow Flexia here is also designed to be similar to the Tempurpedic Weightless Supreme.

Pure Crafted Beds also has their True Essence mattress which has 2.25" of memory foam over a more resilient polyfoam transition layer and may be somewhat similar as well and may also be worth talking to.

There may also be other local mattresses available that also have a similar design (a thinner layer of memory foam over a more resilient polyfoam or latex transition layer) and may also feel similar but you would need to test these in person to see how close they feel to you.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix, I had not looked at Select Foam before.

A friend of mine with a large family swears by a local fabric mill, where he buys a dense foam base and places a quality memory foam topper on it? Does his thought process have merit?

Hi tsunamis,

If you can test the combination in person to confirm that it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) and you also include suitable covers to protect the layers and the materials are good quality and durable materials then it could certainly be worth considering. If you buy the foam base and then add a topper afterwards it can be a little more risky or uncertain (see post #2 here).

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase (which would also include a DIY mattress) that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between the mattresses and options that are available to you in post #13 here.

Phoenix