Arctic Dreams 8" Med-Firm for Children?

I’ve been doing exhaustive research the past few days and am trying to make a decision on a mattress for my little boy’s first bed. Primary concern is safety/materials, good performance and value. Durability is not of high importance. Been looking at several mattresses from Dreamfoam, Zinus, Signature Sleep, IKEA, and Leesa. Think I’ve landed on Dreamfoam’s Arctic Dreams 8" (Med-Firm) twin mattress. I’m sold on just about every aspect of the Arctic Dreams product, seems like it could be a good fit for a child’s first mattress. Am I right? Is a foam mattress at this firmness a solid choice for children?

Would love some feedback—thanks!

Hi jeffcwheeler,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

The new 8" version of the Arctic Dreams mattress is a medium firm/firm product, and would be suitable for a young child, in terms of overall firmness and quality of foams. Children tend to gravitate toward softer mattresses because children have a smaller mass and softer beds feel “cuddly”, but a medium firm/firm mattress is a more recommended surface comfort. Dreamfoam is a member of this site which means that I think very highly of them.

If you’re interested in more detail, there is more information in post #2 here about mattresses for children. There are many links describing “safe” materials including a link to some additional comments and some general firmness guidelines for children in post #2 here. It’s quite a bit of information but it covers everything you would want to know about your question.

Phoenix

Yeah, I’ve skimmed through both those posts from other threads.

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated.

Hi jeffcwheeler,

I’m glad that you were already able to find that information.

You’re very welcome!

Phoenix