Are there good options for No VOC version of the Tempurpedic Rhapsody bed?

Hi Phoenix,

I have really enjoyed looking through your site. It has been really informative. I have a really bad back and am looking to get a new memory foam mattress. I really like the feel of the Tempurpedic Rhapsody bed, but I am trying to find one that doesn’t have the chemicals / VOCs / etc. It is difficult to find a good option online since there seems to be a lot of contradictory information. I appreciate that you have taken so much time to sort through everything and help everyone out. I have looked online at the Essentia beds (I noticed your posts), and Temp Flow, but wasn’t sure after looking at your site if there are other options for HQ memory foam beds that would be better. I also saw in one of your posts the oeko-tex certification which seemed like something I probably should look at. Any thoughts on a direction that I should go in my research? I haven’t seen any posts on tempflow. Do you know if that is a good option?

Thanks for all of the info!

Hi nickela,

You can see some of my thoughts on the TempFlow mattresses in post #9 here. A forum search on “tempflow” (you can click this) will bring up more posts about them.

Some of the better quality/value online memory foam options I’m aware of are listed in post #12 here.

Oeko-Tex is a certification for harmful ingredients and offgassing that is more commonly seen with latex. For memory foam the most common certification is CertiPur (which has very similar testing protocols). You can see the guidelines I use for memory foam mattresses in post #10 here. One of these its that the memory foam and polyfoam in the mattress is either CertiPur certified or at least made by a foam manufacturer in North America.

The best way I know to find your “perfect” mattress is in the post that is linked at the bottom of all my posts (and the links to other information that it contains as well).

As you will see I place a high value on finding the better local factory direct manufacturers or better sleep shops in your area and if you let me know the city or zip where you live I’d be happy to let you know of any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix