Are these macy's Mattresses any good?

I was wondering if anyone has used any of these two mattresses and what your thoughts of these two are:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/serta-perfect-sleeper-queen-mattress-set-coronado-visco-tight-top-plush?ID=807895&CategoryID=25956#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D230%26ruleId%3D70%26slotId%3Drec(1)

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/macybed-queen-mattress-set-pillowtop-cushion-firm-anniversary?ID=742882&CategoryID=25956#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D230%26ruleId%3D70%26slotId%3Drec(2)

My budget is around 300$ for a queen mattress. I like it to be firm while my wife likes it to be less firm, but we want the best bang for our buck!

Hi babamitsam,

The best place to start your mattress research is post #1 here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you need to make the best possible choices.

As you will see in the mattress guidelines that are linked there … a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it so if you don’t know the quality of all the layers there is no way to make an informed decision or make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses.

In the budget range you are looking at though quality and durability would be less of a consideration because you would be looking at lower quality less durable materials anyway and I would tend to make a local purchase where you can at least test for the suitability of a mattress in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) before you buy it. If a mattress isn’t suitable for your specific needs and preferences based on your body type and sleeping positions then regardless of it’s quality or value it would have little value to you. if you buy it online the cost of returning it if you make the wrong comfort choice would probably be more than the mattress.

If you are looking for a very basic mattress in your budget range then other than a local factory direct manufacturer (which tend to have the best quality and value) it may be worthwhile looking at local foam shops who may be able to supply you with 6" or so of good quality foam in a suitable firmness level and with a cover, a futon which come in many different designs and are generally lower cost, or it may also be worth considering this mattress which is made by one of the manufacturing members here where at least you could talk to someone that was knowledgeable about mattresses and materials about whether the mattress (and which comfort level) may be suitable for you.

Phoenix

Hey Phoenix,

Thanks for your reply it was very helpful.

As far as retailers close to Corona, CA can you recommend any for me?

Hi babamitssam,

Some of the better options and possibilities in the greater Los Angeles area I’m aware of are listed in post #2 here.

Some initial phone calls that can describe your criteria and preferences will help you narrow them down to the ones that have some better options in your budget range.

Phoenix