Arizona Premium Mattress Company

Hi! First time poster here. My husband and I visited Arizona Premium Mattress Company today. We tried out all of the styles and think the all latex would be best for us. I was hoping for feedback regarding this company. Reliability, warranty issues, customer service, etc. We also stopped by the Mattress Factory as their web site offered the all latex mattress. We did a brief test on their mattresses, but quickly left as they did not have the same “feel” as the ones at Arizona Premium. Any feedback would be much appreciated. Also should we be looking at other stores in the Phoenix, AZ area? Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

Hi Chi,

As you may know Arizona Premium (mattresses.net) is one of the invited members here which means that I think very highly of them and they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, knowledge, and transparency. They make some very high quality component latex mattresses and latex is the most durable foam material in the industry so there certainly wouldn’t be any durability issues with any of their mattresses.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Phoenix area are listed in post #4 here. You are fortunate to have so many great choices in the area.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding … and of course any comments or questions you may have along the way.

Phoenix

Good Morning Phoenix! Thank you for your reply. I have spent considerable time last night (not sleeping, fibro flare) reading the recommended post from your response. A question I have is about the breakdown of the latex overtime. Does it compress to the point of losing it’s supportiveness? I have ruled out the hybrid innerspring type because it is too bouncy and did not cushion my lower back like the latex mattress. The hybrid also threw me forward when sitting on it - does that make sense? I also tend to feel every lump, bump, and hard spot on our current pillow top mattress but did not think the all latex would have that issue. Or am I making an incorrect conclusion based only on my few minute test on the latex. I guess I am a bit of a princess and the pea type sleeper, LOL!

Again, I want to thank you for this knowledgable website. Regards, Chi

Hi Chi,

Latex is among the most durable materials in the industry and maintains it’s properties without softening or sagging longer than other types of foam. There is more about the factors that can affect the durability and useful life of a mattress relative to different people in post #4 here and the posts it links to.

Foam materials like latex don’t tend to feel lumpy no but I would trust your own testing and personal experience more than anything else to tell you how a mattress feels to you. I would also spend more than just a few minutes on any mattress you are seriously considering … hopefully using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post.

Phoenix

Hi Chi,

I also wanted to chime in and just say that I’ve been doing a lot of Internet research because I’m not near AZ. When I finally called APMC I found Ken (the owner I think) to be amongst the most knowledgeable and honest folks i have contacted. I’ve spoken to a lot of nice people with good intentions, but Ken impressed me the most as someone who cares and loves what he does.

I really wish I had started with them! I hope that helps.

/j.

Thank you again, phoenix, for your response. We intend to go back to APMC for a second round of longer testing. You have been a great help - will let you know what happens.

Good Morning Jules! Thank you for your reply. When we visited APMC, Toni greeted us and was a wonderful first contact for information. Then Ken came out to talk with us about the way his company makes mattresses. He even took us on a tour of the factory, explained the process and showed us the quality materials used. I was impressed with the quality of materials and Ken’s knowledge and I might add, the place was very clean. I also liked the fact that our mattress would be custom made to our specs. Of course, being local is certainly a huge bonus. Ken offers a variety of mattress combos - latex, hybrid, etc. The chain store we visited after out stop at Ken’s was all we needed to reaffirm we will buy from him.

Thank you again for your response. May I ask what mattress you decided on?

Hi Chi,

Thanks for your comments and feedback and I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding :slight_smile:

Phoenix

My husband is in Phoenix on business and stopped by APMC yesterday. He spent a good amount of time talking with Ken and left impressed and hopefully comfortable going forth with a purchase.

Hi AmyPink,

I have had many hours of great conversations with Ken and he is certainly among the most knowledgeable in the industry when it comes to latex. As you probably know they are also a member of this site and they make some very high quality and great value latex mattresses.

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding.

Phoenix