Arizona Premium Mattress vs. SleepEZ vs. FloBeds

I have been reading many of the posts on this forum, which are very helpful. I am in the market for a new bed and I am considering going with latex. The current innerspring mattress I bought about 4 years ago (simmons) doesn’t seem to be supporting my lower back well. I have narrowed down the latex manufacturers to three companies…Arizona Premium Mattress, SleepEZ and FloBeds. I was wondering what any users experience has been with these three manufacturers, and which one you would recommend for a first time buyer. Also, if there is another manufacturer outside of these three that you would recommend instead, please let me know and why.

I appreciate any insight you can give me.

Thanks for your help.

HP

Hi hpowell,

While there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to be able to help you with which specific mattress to choose … I can certainly make some suggestions that may help with “how” to choose the mattress that is the “best value for you” (regardless of whether it may be the best value for anyone else).

All three of the manufacturers you are considering are members of this site which means that I think highly of all of them and that I believe they all compete well with the best in the industry. I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase a mattress from any of them but you will be choosing a specific mattress with each one not buying the company of course so the next step would be to narrow down the options that are available with each one to a single configuration or “finalist” at each one.

The most reliable way to know this would be based on your own careful and objective testing on a mattress using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post.

If you are looking at an online mattress though then you can’t test the mattress in person before a purchase so along with any local testing and experience you have with testing other latex mattresses in different designs, firmness ranges, and that use different types of latex … you will need a more detailed conversation with the manufacturer or retailer that you are considering where they can help “talk you through” the options they have available that have the best chance of being a good match for you based on your own preferences and experience and the “averages” of other people that are similar to you. This conversation would replace your local testing on a mattress that you are considering and is one of the most important parts of an online purchase (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

There is also more about the different ways of choosing a mattress and the risks involved with each of them in post #2 here.

Because making an online purchase based on the averages of others is more risky than testing a mattress in person, the options you have after a purchase will also become a more important part of the value of your purchase so you can use your actual sleeping experience to confirm whether the choice you made is as suitable in “real life” in terms of PPP as both you and the retailer/manufacturer hoped for. These options could include any options to make changes to the mattress by rearranging layers, exchanging layers, exchanging the mattress, or returning the mattress for a refund and any costs involved with each of your options. These are the options that can reduce the risk of making a choice that isn’t suitable for you. All of these options are part of what you are paying for when you choose a mattress and would become part of the “value” of your purchase.

Once you have narrowed down your options to a single mattress with each manufacturer you will be down to your finalists and there is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between different mattresses. Again … there is no “best value” for everyone because each person’s criteria is different … there is only “best value for you”.

The most important part of the “value” of a mattress purchase is how well it “matches” your specific needs and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) either with the options you choose before your purchase or after any options you have after the purchase. This will determine how well you will sleep on the mattress.

All of them use high quality materials so none of them would have any weak links in their design in terms of durability or that will affect the useful life of the mattress.

Once you have decided on a finalist at each one, you would be down to finalists that are between “good and good”, that you are confident would be (or could be) a good match for you in terms of PPP, and that have no weak links in the materials or their design. If there are no clear winners between them then you would be in the fortunate position that any one of them would make a good choice and your final choice (see post #2 here) would be a matter of “best judgement” based on any testing you have done with latex mattresses, your conversations with each one, and all the other objective, subjective, and intangible parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have after a purchase to do any additional customizing or fine tuning to your mattress).

You are certainly looking at some great options :slight_smile:

Phoenix