AT MY WITS END.

Hi tlc5125/Tracy.

Vera Wang mattresses were relatively popular at the time but most of them, unfortunately, had significant amounts of soft lower density polyfoam and synthetic fibers in the comfort layers which of course over time caused impressions.

From your description, I wasn’t sure if you’ve had the Serta Vera Wang Latex or a hybrid. Either way, looking back on our forum I found some references on our forum that might find useful here: it has 2 layers of 2" egg-crate convoluted polyurethane foam over latex or over hybrid. You may want to watch this video that looks at Vera Wang’s mattress “anatomy” of one of our siteTrusted members (Mattress Makers)

Mattress Makers Local factory direct manufacturer in San Diego, makes a range of mattresses with many layering choices including latex (including organic latex), memory foam, and innerspring including custom builds. Pablo is the owner and if you call him, he’ll be able to help approximated the mattress you like. He is knowledgeable, open, and transparent about the mattresses they make and tell you the good and the bad about any of the name mattresses they performed “mattress anatomy” on. They have great quality and value and well worth including in your research. They are a multi-generational manufacturer that I think highly of as they have been building mattresses for 55 years and have been factory direct for about 30 years.

Good luck and let us know what you find from Pablo.
Phoenix