Athletic build

Hi, I’m looking to help my son buy/build a mattress. He’s 20, a side sleeper, 6’1" and 195 lbs, 13% body fat. Muscular upper and lower body. Thin waist, long legs. No medical issues. Is this a zoning situation? Does someone specialize or work extensively with athletes? Thank you.

Hi Livelong89.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing some of the details regarding your son’s sleeping profile. Whether or not he would need a zoned mattress would depend on his current experience sleeping on a “one size” fits all type mattress. Do these types of mattresses tend to work for him? Is he experiencing pressure points anywhere along his body that he’s looking to provide comfort and support to?

Phoenix had this discussion with an athlete back in 2015 and the conversation that happened in this thread between the OP and Mattrebuild may also be useful to you (it also discusses zoning, proposed configuration, etc).

I’d love to know exactly what you and your son hope to achieve with the mattress and, of course, if anyone who has experience as an athlete or with athletes wants to chime in - the more the merrier!

NikkiTMU