Austin - Mattress Options?

Hi Everybody,

This is my first post, and this site is AWESOME!

I am trying to figure out my best options for a mattress, and would desperately appreciate y’all’s help! I am a 6’2 guy built like a professional wrestler, weighing in around 280, and I have a habit of breaking cheap mattresses such that they become concave which is not cool… Haha, so I am done with cheap mattresses and want to fork out what I need to in order to get a quality one.

I live in Austin TX, but I saw your endorsement for The Mattress Factory in Fort Worth, so if that’s my best option, then let me know. I just want a mattress that I won’t make concave, that supports my back and I get a good night sleep, but still padded enough that my significant other does not think she is sleeping on a board, you know? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

~Dave

Hi dnobes,

Thanks for the kind words … and I’m glad you found us.

Hopefully you’ve had the chance to read the tutorial post which has all the most important posts in the forum all in one place about choosing a good quality and durable mattress with no weak links in the design or materials, knowing what to look for and what to avoid, and testing a mattress to make sure it’s a suitable choice for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences).

Post #3 here and the posts it links to also has more information about choosing a mattress for those who are in higher weight ranges.

While a trip to Dallas/Ft Worth would certainly not be wasted because there are some good options there in the Dallas/Ft Worth list (including The Mattress Factory which is one of the members here) … … it’s also a long way to drive both ways and there are also some good options and possibilities in the Austin and San Antonio area that are listed in post #2 here that should be helpful :slight_smile:

Phoenix