Austin TX mattress options

Hi austintxsleeper,

EVO Bio-Temp Retreat Ultra Plush Eurotop King

To make any meaningful assessments about a mattress in terms of quality and durability or to identify any potential weak links in a mattress you would need to know the density of all the polyfoam and/or memory foam in the mattress. The specs on this mattress are missing the most important information which is the density of all the polyfoam (soy based or otherwise) in the mattress. The only quality information that is included is the 3" Layer of blended Talalay latex. The retailer should be willing to provide you with the density of all the polyfoam/soy foam layers and if they can’t I would pass the mattress by because it would be a blind purchase which can be very risky.

15 Inch Chemical Free Certified Organic Latex Rubber Plushest and Strongest

This mattress uses organic Dunlop latex and high quality organic wool and organic cotton in the cover so there are no weak links in the mattress. Latex is also a higher quality and more durable material than polyfoam.

There is more about the different types of latex in post #6 here (including organic latex) and I would make sure you are comfortable with the higher cost of organic latex when 100% natural latex is the same quality material but doesn’t have the extra costs involved with an organic certification. I’m mentioning this because for most people who are also looking at mattresses that include polyfoam the organic certification wouldn’t be all that important and it certainly doesn’t make any difference in the quality or durability of the material.

Phoenix